Gateway wireless keyboard not working

jailife

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Dropped keyboard on carpeted floor. Has not respnded since. I thought it might be the batteries or needed to be re-booted, didn't work. Tried system restore, thinking I might have accdently locked the keyboard, didn't work. Any suggestions?

if you replaced the batteries with fresh ones and the connection looks secure this doesn't seem to be your issue.

i doubt a system restore woudl work since your computer and the keyboard were working fine pre-drop. i've never heard of a keyboard being locked because you dropped it.

does the keyboard light up at all? does pushing the connect button on the keyboard and the connect button on your receiver do anything (follow the pairing steps for your model)?

depending on how hard the keyboard hit you might have knocked an internal connection loose or busted something. in general dropping electronics isn't a good thing. if you see nothing visible on the outside and nothing else seems to work you could always try popping the screws out to see if there was any internal damage.

if there is an obvious loose connection you might be able to fix it. if not, maybe its time to think about a new keyboard as they aren't all that expensive.

TRENDING THREADS