cheap squeak intermittent sound

I have a Bally Lady Luck with intermittent sound problems. The
voltages are correct at the test points and I am at a loss on how to
trouble shoot this. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks.

Dennis

Yes, replace the pot that is used
to adjust the volume. Odds are that
is your problem.

These fail pretty often on that board.

--
Fred
TX

<dennisdelong@comcast.net> wrote

> I have a Bally Lady Luck with intermittent sound problems. The
> voltages are correct at the test points and I am at a loss on how to
> trouble shoot this. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Ed

If it is the pot like Fred says, you might try a spot of contact
cleaner on the control. Rotate the stick from one extreme to the other
a few times. Once back on, you should continue to rotate the stick to
check for improvement. No luck, replace like Fred says. Do not spray
with the machine plugged in and do not over spray!!! Fire hazard!!!
This is about the only time to use contact cleaner on a pin.

Fred & Ed- Thanks for the pointer- I have tried contact cleaner a
couple times- didin't help. I did notice that on boot up the light on
the sound board will blink briefly when the sound is working and stay
on steady when the sound doesn't work. This doesn't sound like the
volume control. Any ideas?

Dennis

It sounds as though the board stops 'running'
if that is the case.

That can be many different things. Sound boards
can be difficult to troubleshoot past the basic audio
output circuit. If replacing the volume pot and reseating
the cable(s) doesn't catch it, I'd suggest replacing it
with a working used one, or finding a competent repair
service check/repair it for you.

--
Fred
TX