Status
Not open for further replies.

gothen1234

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hello,
I bought a separate subwoofer cause the one that came with my old 2.1 was crap. It has it's own 3.5mm audio jack which plugs in to my computer along with the other 2 speakers from the old 2.1 but there is a problem. In Realtek audio manager I have just the option to select 5.1 rather than 2.1 I can get it to output the correct sound to the correct jack but the output to the subwoofer is very low, I have the thing running maxed out (1000watt RMS) so it should be destroying all humanity yet it does not. The weird thing is that if I click the subwoofer in Realtek audio manager it gives a sound so loud It almost shattered the windows in my house... yet when I play music through Google chrome or itunes or even media player I get a low volume. What do?

because 2.1 and 2.0 sets connect up with only one 3.5mm plug. this is the green colored port.

the orange colored port is reserved for the center speaker and subwoofer connection only on 5.1 or 7.1 setups.

this is why you can not seem to make it work as a 2.1 system.

the reason why you are not getting any response on music is because almost all music is stereo only. meaning it will play only through the green port on your pc. on 2.1 systems the subwoofer shares the same input as the front speakers and just handles the low tones.

as far as a solution? you could try using a 3.5mm splitter and that *might* work.

next time, do some research before you go out buying.

gothen1234

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

I'm sorry... I probably didn't explain too well. I have a Laptop with 4 ports on the side. One of those ports has my sound system plugged into it with the subwoofer unplugged, another port has my active subwoofer plugged into it. The sound system is set to 'Front Speaker Out' the subwoofer is set to 'Centre/Subwoofer out' sound is delivered to both outputs in the speaker configuration "5.1" on Realtek Audio manager. I have "Bass management activated underneath the diagram of a 5.1, I have "Front left and right" activated under 'Full-range Speakers' and then I have "Subwoofer" ticked under 'optional speakers'.

The stereo signal is delivered to the sound system and a subwoofer signal is sent to the subwoofer (The subwoofer produces bass) BUT when the subwoofer is on max on both my laptop and the amplifier inside it produces a small amount of sound.

This is where it gets weird, with all outputs on 100% when playing music there is barely any Volume from the sub, If I click the 'Subwoofer' Icon on the diagram of a 5.1 producing the standard realtek testing sound it blasts it so loud it almost shattered my windows.

Can someone tell me what I need to do in order for the Subwoofer signal to be boosted without using a software equalizer or the equalizer on the realtek card itself.

dexter75

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Thanks!! That worked for me. Saved me from buying a splitter or probably a new speaker set..
Just disabled the center and rear from the configuration, and i get what i want.

BTW was trying to get the active woofer work with my sound-bar..and the difference is phenomenal..

Thanks once again..

meehanpm

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
If your HD manager has a check-box marked "Speaker Fill" in the advanced section, check it. That got it working for media player and CD's.

Still working on sub woofer sound in Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.