Which common PDAs have slightly larger screens?

Tags:
December 7, 2004 5:55:08 PM

Does anyone know which PDAs (needn't be Palm) have slightly larger
screens than the Tungsten E? At least 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the
larger the better.

I'm after an 'oversized' screen protector for my T|E. I know you can get
universal ones which you trim to size, but that's not what I'm after. I
just want to order some protectors for another PDA which is bigger than
my T|E, but I don't know what to go for. I presume the WinCE/PPC models
have physically larger screens?

I have googled extensively, but none of the vendors specify sizes, just
which models they are compatible with.

Thankyou,

-zoara-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing

zoara wrote:

> Does anyone know which PDAs (needn't be Palm) have slightly larger
> screens than the Tungsten E? At least 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the
> larger the better.

Well I know the T3 has a larger screen, and the new Dell X50v also has a
larger screen, very similar to the T3.

--

-=Nick Andriash=-
Creston, B.C. Canada

And the T5, and the ... compare at www.palmone.com
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:48:06 PM

Nick Andriash <andriash@uniserve.com> wrote:

> zoara wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know which PDAs (needn't be Palm) have slightly larger
> > screens than the Tungsten E? At least 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the
> > larger the better.
>
> Well I know the T3 has a larger screen,

It does? Even the width? I guess that the length is there (because of
the extra physical space required by the status bar thingy) but isn't
the width exactly the same?

> and the new Dell X50v also has a larger screen, very similar to the T3.

What are the screen dimensions for this? I have googled - the only size
I can find it 3.7" diagonal, which is the same as my T|E.

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:48:07 PM

Guy Bannis <guy@ether.net> wrote:

> In article <10rc3ljfc35i829@corp.supernews.com>, andriash@uniserve.com wrote:
>
> > zoara wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know which PDAs (needn't be Palm) have slightly larger
> > > screens than the Tungsten E? At least 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the
> > > larger the better.
> >
> > Well I know the T3 has a larger screen, and the new Dell X50v also has a
> > larger screen, very similar to the T3.
>
> And the T5, and the ... compare at www.palmone.com

T|E:
http://www-5.palmone.com/uk/en/products/tungsten-e/spec...
"Display: High-resolution, 320x320 TFT transflective display supporting
65,536 colours (16 bit) with LED back lighting"
"[Unit] Size: 11.4 x 7.9 x 1.2 cm"

T|T3:
http://www-5.palmone.com/uk/en/products/tungsten-t3/spe...
"Extra-wide screen: High-resolution 320 x 480 transflective display
supporting 65,536 colours. Works in portrait and landscape modes.
"[Unit] Size: 10,8 x 7,6 x 1,6 cm

T|T5:
http://www-5.palmone.com/uk/en/products/tungsten-t5/spe...
"DISPLAY/SCREEN: Extra-large 320x480 Transflective TFT color display
supports more than 65,000 colors in both landscape and portrait modes."
"[Unit] Height: 12,1 cm; Width: 7,8 cm; Thickness: 1,5 cm"

Having compared, I am now totally happy except for one small question:
which of these have larger screens? I'm after something that's at least
60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the larger the better. The Palm website
does not appear to mention screen sizes.

Other than that small detail, your input was most appreciated, thankyou.

-zoara-

--

zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:
> Nick Andriash <andriash@uniserve.com> wrote:
>
>> and the new Dell X50v also has a larger screen, very similar to the
>> T3.
>
> What are the screen dimensions for this? I have googled - the only
> size I can find it 3.7" diagonal, which is the same as my T|E.

If you know the diagonal screen size and the resolution of a square pixel
device, it's 5th grade math to find the horisontal and vertical screen
dimensions.

--
*Art
Anonymous

zoara wrote:

> Having compared, I am now totally happy except for one small question:
> which of these have larger screens? I'm after something that's at least
> 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the larger the better. The Palm website
> does not appear to mention screen sizes.

The screen on my T3 (slider open) measures 56mm x 82mm. I think the T5 is about
the same.

HTH

Glenn.
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 2:54:11 PM

Glenn Proctor <none@null.com> wrote:

> zoara wrote:
>
> > Having compared, I am now totally happy except for one small question:
> > which of these have larger screens? I'm after something that's at least
> > 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the larger the better. The Palm website
> > does not appear to mention screen sizes.
>
> The screen on my T3 (slider open) measures 56mm x 82mm. I think the T5 is
> about the same.

Damn. Too small.

> HTH

It does, very much. Thankyou.

-zoara-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
December 12, 2004 5:26:34 AM

zoara wrote:

> Does anyone know which PDAs (needn't be Palm) have slightly larger
> screens than the Tungsten E? At least 60mm x 81mm (2.3" x 3.2") but the
> larger the better.
>
> I'm after an 'oversized' screen protector for my T|E. I know you can get
> universal ones which you trim to size, but that's not what I'm after. I
> just want to order some protectors for another PDA which is bigger than
> my T|E, but I don't know what to go for. I presume the WinCE/PPC models
> have physically larger screens?
>
> I have googled extensively, but none of the vendors specify sizes, just
> which models they are compatible with.
>
> Thankyou,
>
> -zoara-

FWIW, a Franklin eBookMan (EBM-900/901/911 models - discontinued) has a
screen size of 2.75" x 4.0" (70 x 103mm). They came with a plastic flip
cover for the whole unit, 3 3/8" x 5 1/8".

What I did for my unit was to use 2 screen protectors for a smaller Palm
type unit trimmed to fit since I had some on hand, and did not want to
spend more money on custom fit covers, and there is a visible seam, but
not much...

Grist for your cover project mill?

Rory O'Connor -
r o o c o n n
n c
r r
c o m
( p u t 'em together with @ and dots for my email@ddress)
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 3:50:24 PM

Arthur Hagen <art@broomstick.com> wrote:

> zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:
> > Nick Andriash <andriash@uniserve.com> wrote:
> >
> >> and the new Dell X50v also has a larger screen, very similar to the
> >> T3.
> >
> > What are the screen dimensions for this? I have googled - the only
> > size I can find it 3.7" diagonal, which is the same as my T|E.
>
> If you know the diagonal screen size and the resolution of a square pixel
> device, it's 5th grade math to find the horisontal and vertical screen
> dimensions.

Yes, but I'm not interested in the vertical and horizontal screen
dimensions per se, just whether the screen is larger than my Tungsten
E's screen. As I said, the only screen size for the Dell that I can find
mention of is 3.7" diagonal, which is the same as my Tungsten E.

So either the information I have found on the web is incorrect, or the
Dell X50v does not have a larger screen than the Tungsten E. I am asking
what the screen dimensions are because I want to find out which piece of
information is correct.

-zoara-

--
!