folder view keeps changing

i set individual folder views (icon) and it keeps changing back to
detail.
I have increased the folder # to about 15000 but it still happens.

Not ALL folders change back now - which did happened previously.

I don't know when it is doing it, but I am having the "not responding"
issue as posted elsewhere.

any clues please.

thanks

>> I have increased the folder # to about 15000 but it still happens.

Max allowed value is 8000.

See also:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize/msg/df36ac1ef75be7ee

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

<see.cher@your.place> wrote in message
>i set individual folder views (icon) and it keeps changing back to
> detail.
> I have increased the folder # to about 15000 but it still happens.
>
> Not ALL folders change back now - which did happened previously.
>
> I don't know when it is doing it, but I am having the "not responding"
> issue as posted elsewhere.
>
> any clues please.
>
> thanks

mach9design

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I have had this problem at work and at home. I think I may have cured it, I use C-Cleaner on both PCs, I set up Windows Explorer view to details and thumbnail for pictures. If I ran C-Cleaner it changed back to icons which became annoying.
If you use C-Cleaner or similar empty the tick boxes related to cache files in the advanced section.

I hope this helps. Regards MACH9DESIGN.