I am completely confused about Windows 2000 Server licensing. Been to the
Microsoft web site and their drawings and explanations don't make anything
clearer.

There seems to be client and device access licenses.

I think a Device license is needed for everything that connects to the
server. Does that mean each computer, printer, and hidden device that
connects will require a $150 license?

The client access license seems to be the most common, but does each user
need this license to be able to login to the domain? Doesn't the Desktop
operating system license allow you to login to an existing domain or do you
need an additional Client Access License?

I want to know because I have been given the job of making sure my
organization is following their license agreement.
Currently there are 2000 users with 500 computers. They all use 5 general
login ID's (accounting, executive, ctech) which is a security nightmare.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Othello

General Licensing FAQ for Windows 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/faq.asp

You may wish to visit the Windows Server newsgroup and repost your question:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP