Best time periods to buy a Dell

Hi!
I know that this has been posted before, BUT could someone kindly post
again when Dell's prices are lowest(I think it is at the end of their
quarters-but what months are they)?
TIA

Could be today, could be tomorrow. You have to carefully watch all the
promotions in both the Home and the Small Business store for a period of
weeks and jump when they hit bottom.

In theory, the end of the quarter matters (July is the next one), but I have
found just watching is best, particularly if you sign up on the small
business site for their coupons.

Tom

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 04:34:28 -0400, yodasue@webtv.net wrote:

>Hi!
>I know that this has been posted before, BUT could someone kindly post
>again when Dell's prices are lowest(I think it is at the end of their
>quarters-but what months are they)?
>TIA

My experience is that you find the best deals just after your order is
received. *s*

"We're still flying."
----- Joss Whedon, June 3rd 2004

yodasue@webtv.net writes:

> I know that this has been posted before, BUT could someone kindly post
> again when Dell's prices are lowest(I think it is at the end of their
> quarters-but what months are they)?

They have different deals every week. They used to change every
Thursday.

Typically, they will have various combinations of:

- free upgrades
- free shipping
- rebates

The first is best if you want the particular upgrade. The latter two
are money in the bank.

Avatar wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 04:34:28 -0400, yodasue@webtv.net wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>I know that this has been posted before, BUT could someone kindly post
>>again when Dell's prices are lowest(I think it is at the end of their
>>quarters-but what months are they)?
>>TIA
>
> My experience is that you find the best deals just after your order is
> received. *s*

That's certainly been my experience. ;)

yodasue@webtv.net <yodasue@webtv.net> coughed up the following:

> Hi!
> I know that this has been posted before, BUT could someone kindly post
> again when Dell's prices are lowest(I think it is at the end of their
> quarters-but what months are they)?
> TIA

If you haven't yet had a chance, please do a casual search through this
newsgroup for discussions related to how to buy from dell. There are a
few tricks. Forexample:

1. There is both a business site and a home site
2. Biz site allows machines without modems
3. Biz site allows machines without monitors
4. Either site might be the one with the best deal so be relentless
5. Biz site is more likely (AFAICT) to be the one offering free shipping
6. There is a refurb site as well
7. The refurbs might not seem very good, but you have to check each
configuration by hand to see what software is installed in it.
8. You get to store away configurations you've made so that you can
return to them later to buy them, or compare them to other
configurations.
9. Be warned that a higher end system might be cheaper than a lower end
system, depending on the current deal, phase of the moon, etc.

YMMV.

--
It'salwaysbeenmygoalinlifetocreateasignaturethatendedwiththeword"blarpho
ogy".

drew

ditto on that !!!!

drew <drew43@adelphia.net> coughed up the following:

> ditto on that !!!!

If you want to top post, that's fine with me (not others), but PLEASE
don't do it after others have already bottom posted. You're making a
mess.

> Avatar wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 04:34:28 -0400, yodasue@webtv.net wrote:
>>

>>> Hi!
>>> I know that this has been posted before, BUT could someone kindly
>>> post again when Dell's prices are lowest(I think it is at the end
>>> of their quarters-but what months are they)?
>>> TIA
>>

>> My experience is that you find the best deals just after your order
>> is received. *s*

>> "We're still flying."
>> ----- Joss Whedon, June 3rd 2004

http://www.allexperts.com is a nifty way to get an answer to just about
/anything/.

bill

Top post, bottom post. Who cares. Silly debate and waste of
bandwidth. (Which I admit I am contributing to). It is an arbitrary
rule apparently provided by ex patriot kindergarten teachers on
holiday with nothing better to do.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:11:08 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"
<tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com> wrote:

Bill wrote:

> Top post, bottom post. Who cares. Silly debate and waste of
> bandwidth. (Which I admit I am contributing to). It is an arbitrary
> rule apparently provided by ex patriot kindergarten teachers on
> holiday with nothing better to do.

I could care less about top vs bottom... Just consistency.

There's nothing more difficult than trying to follow a thread that's
been top *and* bottom posted.

Larry

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Bill" <bnospamgross@nospam.airmail.net> wrote in message news:bgroc0lq0ocl2icsn4dkopmb92qu08iphd@4ax.com...
> Top post, bottom post. Who cares. Silly debate and waste of
> bandwidth. []

Just for the record, the bandwidth and storage space consumed by
discussions of top vrs bottom posting are but a tiny fraction of the
bandwidth and storage space consumed by the untrimmed quoted
material at the bottom of top posters' messages (which accounts for
a substantial and in some cases major percentage of the body data
in text groups). The long term benefits of just one person converting
to bottom posting + ample trimming outweigh the costs of countless
debates. Some people do wake up and smell the well formed bits :)

The organic entity known as Walter Briscoe communicated the following:

> Curious that "Hans" is not part of the SIG from The Laughing Cow
> (LaVacheQuiRit translated).

(blush) I stand corrected!

Should have followed my own advice about remaining quiet...

Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmalluntilsomeoneramsitupy
ournose.

"Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Bill wrote:
> >
> > Top post, bottom post. Who cares. Silly debate and waste of
> > bandwidth. (Which I admit I am contributing to). It is an
arbitrary
> > rule apparently provided by ex patriot kindergarten teachers on
> > holiday with nothing better to do.
>
> I could care less about top vs bottom... Just consistency.
>
> There's nothing more difficult than trying to follow a thread that's
> been top *and* bottom posted.

Right. For some reason it seems that bill thinks I'm railing about top
vs. bottom. I'm not. I'm railing against top /AND/ bottom
simultaneously. OI.