Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Monitor Display Display

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 10, 2011 5:15:54 AM

Hi,
My "Samsung" monitor takes time for displaying after the windows booting. But I can able to hear the OS booting sound thru speakers. Its hardly takes 30 minutes to show the display in the monitor.

Please can anyone figure out the problem?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Best solution

a c 110 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
May 10, 2011 11:46:58 AM

it isn't uncommon for crt monitors to have a certain warm-up period in which the picture might not be at top quality however, the average time for a crt monitor to show an image of some sort is not usually more than 15 seconds or so from power-on. on occassion i've had no display until windows starts but nowhere near 30 minutes just to display something.

if the monitor takes that long just to display an image on screen perhaps it is just getting old. you could test a different monitor on your pc or test this monitor on another pc just to verify that it is the monitor going bad and not some sort of trouble with your pc.

in projection tvs i've noticed that when they get old it might take well over a few minutes for the image to be bright enough to see or even longer to get up to ideal quality. since crts are based on similar technology maybe there is a similar problem which happens with age. i'm not sure how to fix it but unless you are rather technical it might not be worth messing with. there are some high voltage areas which you don't want to touch inside these monitors. if you took it to a shop the price of repair plus parts (if they can fix it) are probably high enough to start looking at another monitor.

maybe someone with more technical knowledge of CRT repair will post and clarify what the issue is but this is my take on the matter.
May 10, 2011 12:12:45 PM

ssddx said:
it isn't uncommon for crt monitors to have a certain warm-up period in which the picture might not be at top quality however, the average time for a crt monitor to show an image of some sort is not usually more than 15 seconds or so from power-on. on occassion i've had no display until windows starts but nowhere near 30 minutes just to display something.

if the monitor takes that long just to display an image on screen perhaps it is just getting old. you could test a different monitor on your pc or test this monitor on another pc just to verify that it is the monitor going bad and not some sort of trouble with your pc.

in projection tvs i've noticed that when they get old it might take well over a few minutes for the image to be bright enough to see or even longer to get up to ideal quality. since crts are based on similar technology maybe there is a similar problem which happens with age. i'm not sure how to fix it but unless you are rather technical it might not be worth messing with. there are some high voltage areas which you don't want to touch inside these monitors. if you took it to a shop the price of repair plus parts (if they can fix it) are probably high enough to start looking at another monitor.

maybe someone with more technical knowledge of CRT repair will post and clarify what the issue is but this is my take on the matter.

Thanks
m
l
May 10, 2011 12:13:15 PM

Best answer selected by yuvascorp.
m
l
!