Cue Ball Wizzard problem

Where can I get a EPROM image for cue ball wizard?

Problem is when in multiball (third ball) the coil that fires the 8 ball
stays on and blows the fuse. When in first and second ball the coil fires
normally and does not blow the fuse. Also in solenoid test mode, I can not
blow the fuse.

Seams like a software issue. any ideas??

--
Regards,

Ian Dobson
ajaxpinballREMOVE@rogers.com

Two things.

1. Make sure that the driver board does not have any BUZ 72L mosfets.

2. Most likely, your problem is with the opto on the ramp, (3/4 of the
way up on the right). It's what fires the ball on the skill shot. If
it is pulsing, what happens is the code reads it at the multiball
routine, and keeps the coil energized. (It's actually pulsing but you
can't see the difference without a scope).

This signal is fed into an opto board. The opto board can be at fault,
if not the opto set itself. That signal was not a "one shot" in the
program. It should have been. I told Premier about it after I found
it by several hours of code disection. The bug never got fixed. I
guess they figured it wasn't a high priority.

Mario
Pinthetic

Thanks, I will check it out.

1. What do the BUZ 72L mosfets have to do with this problem?
2. I assume the signals are not supose to be pulsing?
Ido have a scope, so I will check it out.

Thanks
IAN

pinballs@rogers.com wrote:

> 1. What do the BUZ 72L mosfets have to do with this problem?

Ian,

Apparantly you did not google on this. I posted this a while back.
The BUZ 72L does some strange things. I was the first to point this
out, (and someone else took credit for it in Clay's repair guide).

> 2. I assume the signals are not supose to be pulsing?
> Ido have a scope, so I will check it out.

Matrix's strobe, but outputs usually do not, unless they are tied to
zero crossing. Using zero crossing for device turn off usually is
geared towards SCR's and SCR type hybrids. Most outputs are energized
based on time in milliseconds. This time is a derivative of the system
clock.