Internet Explorer Runtime error

When clicking on any internet shortcut to gain access to the web the
following error message appears.

"Runtime error program c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"
"This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way. Contact the applications support team for information"

I am still able to retrieve emails via Outlook Express.

I would appreciate any assistance

Thanks
TonyFFC
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer runtime error

    Hi Tony,

    Go to the Control Panel/Internet Options, and on the Programs tab click the
    button to "manage add-ons". Click on each non-microsoft listing and then
    disable it on the lower left. Do them all, then reboot and retry opening
    Internet Explorer. If it works, then you can selectively reenable the
    plug-ins a few at a time to figure out which one was causing the problem.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "TonyFFC" <TonyFFC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When clicking on any internet shortcut to gain access to the web the
    > following error message appears.
    >
    > "Runtime error program c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"
    > "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual
    > way. Contact the applications support team for information"
    >
    > I am still able to retrieve emails via Outlook Express.
    >
    > I would appreciate any assistance
    >
    > Thanks
    > TonyFFC

Internet Explorer Runtime Windows XP