Internet Explorer Runtime error

When clicking on any internet shortcut to gain access to the web the
following error message appears.

"Runtime error program c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"
"This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way. Contact the applications support team for information"

I am still able to retrieve emails via Outlook Express.

I would appreciate any assistance

Thanks
TonyFFC

Hi Tony,

Go to the Control Panel/Internet Options, and on the Programs tab click the
button to "manage add-ons". Click on each non-microsoft listing and then
disable it on the lower left. Do them all, then reboot and retry opening
Internet Explorer. If it works, then you can selectively reenable the
plug-ins a few at a time to figure out which one was causing the problem.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone