Internet Explorer "Not Responding"

I just received my new computer (see below) with basic Windows O/S and Norton
installed. I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded all recommended
updates. I am having a problem with Internet Explorer not "fully closing"
when I logoff. I get the message that "iexplorer not responding" from, I
believe, the task manager when trying to logoff. Is this a bug? How can I fix
it?
--
Asus A8V-E Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athion64 3500+

Hi,

Disable the Norton software and reboot. Does the problem go away?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"NanooseGuy" <NanooseGuy@Telus.net.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>I just received my new computer (see below) with basic Windows O/S and
>Norton
> installed. I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded all recommended
> updates. I am having a problem with Internet Explorer not "fully closing"
> when I logoff. I get the message that "iexplorer not responding" from, I
> believe, the task manager when trying to logoff. Is this a bug? How can I
> fix
> it?
> --
> Asus A8V-E Deluxe Motherboard
> AMD Athion64 3500+
> eVGA e-GeForce 6600 with 256MB
> 2GB Dual Channel Memory
> D-Link Dl-624 Router
> Windows XP Home Edition
> Norton Antivirus 2005

Hi Rick,

Thanks for responding.

I discovered that a process called "StatusClient" was consuming, at times,
99% CPU resources. Visiting, www.processlibrary.com" I found out that this
process is associated with HP, but is not critical, so I turned it off. My
problem with iexplorer has not occured since! I now recall that when I
installed my HP 1012 Laser that the "Plug 'n Play features of XP did not seem
to work.. I had to install the driver by loading the HP CD. I'm not sure
whether or not this had anything to do with "StatusClient" going into a
program "Loop". My wife has StatusClient running on her Toshiba laptop with
no problems. Anyways, hopefully the problem is fixed, if not I will try your
suggestion.