Windows Freezes

magma7007

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hello, I had just built my new computer and i'm having troubles booting up windows.
I used a hard drive from my old computer that had windows pre-installed thinking that it would just boot that. I started my computer and i saw the mobo splash screen and then windows splash screen with the 4 dots that glow. it froze on that screen and restarted my computer and then it happened again and again. I put the hard drive back in my old computer and it loaded normally and everything was fine, so i was wondering how to fix it so it will load in my new computer.
Thanks.

Oldirty

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
the reason why is because of new hardware, your installation has drivers installed for the old motherboard and old mobo hardware, I.E. processors, north and south bridges. You need a fresh install of your OS with the current drivers found on your new motherboards manufacturers product page, you will see a download tab or driver tab to click on and download the latest versions. Re-install your OS, install your new drivers you downloaded and enjoy. You can also just use the driver disk that came with your new mobo, but I suggest getting the latest ones manually, as there up to date.
:hello: