Hibernation problem

September 17, 2005 2:59:02 PM

I have a problem in which my computer performs a desired hibernation, but
instead of powering off at the end, it powers off and then immediately powers
back on, as if it were a reboot. Can anyone please help me with this
problem?? I am up to date on all xp updates, mobo updates (asus A7V8X-X),
and have what i feel is a reliable A+GPB power supply. ANY help wold be
greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

More about : hibernation problem

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 8:04:02 PM

I went through this a while back (with support from MS). The first step is
to ensure that you've got the latest WHQL certified drivers for your video
card. Next is to run sigverif.exe on your system32 sub-directory to detect
any unverified drivers/files.

!