Keep or return the Klipsch QUINTET 5.0 Speaker System ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewToThisPlace

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Any reason I should not return these ?

I jumped and bought them for $199.99. I know I could probably resell them, but that is more of a hassle than I want.

I really think these will be too much. I have a Polk PSW10 connected to my TV and it really sounds good with movies, sports games. I just added the sub and it gives me the bass that I needed. I was thinking of buying a receiver with the $199 I get refunded and connecting two Sony SS-MB150H speakers I already have and try them out.

Like I said my TV sounds fine to me, but feel I am missing out without a home theater. I cant open the box of the Klipschs to see what difference they would make - because I then could not return them, plus I have no receiver yet.

Will I be missing out if I return the Klipsch QUINTET 5.0 Speaker System ?

The only problem I find with my TV speakers is that during alot of movies I have to turn down and then turn up the volume. During dialogue I have to turn it up because you cant hear what is being said then when some action starts I have to turn it down because it is too loud. Would a receiver and my Sony bookshelf speakers take care of that ?

My apartment living room is 12' x 16' plus the walls are paper thin.

Thanks

i personally use the following equipment:

pioneer vsx-30 receiver
klipsch quintet IV 5.0 set
klipsch 450w subwoofer

of course i ended up paying the full $500+ retail value on the 5.0 set. i dont regret the choice at all. they are extremely well built and sound great.

i can say that if you managed to pick up one of the later generation models (i'd say generation 3, 4 or 5) for only $199 then i would say keep them. your choice though. there are plenty of good speaker systems out there and each person has their own idea of what sounds good to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.