Sign in with
Your question

Tejas canned ?

Last response: in CPUs
May 6, 2004 12:06:58 PM

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15749" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15749&lt;/A>

Seems a bit late if true, it was scheduled to appear within the next 12 months. Curious how long it will take intel to bring 64 bit, high performance Pentium M derivatives to the market.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

More about : tejas canned

May 6, 2004 12:14:40 PM

It has to catch up with AMD. 64-bit software is being developed, so w/o it Intel CPU's will not be suited for new software, turning Intel into an extinct giant.
May 6, 2004 2:23:38 PM

yeah intel is soon to be done... WHAT A MORON!
Related resources
May 6, 2004 6:36:57 PM

Kind of hypocritical no? I rely on Intel for money and whatnot for my quantum comp work, and yet I do all my processing on an AMD :lol: 

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
May 6, 2004 7:57:46 PM

I would trust Intel would let us know, not the bizzare squad pulling stuff out of no where.

Xeon

<font color=orange>Scratch Here To Reveal Prize</font color=orange>
May 6, 2004 10:31:38 PM

The "bizarre squad" is far more often right than wrong, and they have sources, they don't make such things up.

Not saying this is a given, but it wouldnt suprise me all that much either. Pentium M is being focused on BIG time, and Netburst being downplayed, both in the R&D and PR. Just think of the numbering scheme, why not introduce that until *after* Tejas would be replaced with some PM variant ? Maybe because there might never be a Tejas ? And if the 150+W rumours where as true as last years "Prescott is hot and late and underwhelming" rumours, then canning it would be the obvious thing to do. Espcially if Dothan and multicore Dothans are looking good.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
!