My computer is making a clicking sound every twenty or thirty seconds. How do
I make it stop?

The hardware itself or a sound coming from your speakers? If this clicking
noise is coming from the hardware (your tower or case), it "might" be your
hard disk. They will often make a clicking noise when they're beginning to
fail. However, there are other things that could cause a clicking noise, so
it's hard to make an educated guess without actually hearing it.

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"blakwriter" <blakwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is making a clicking sound every twenty or thirty seconds. How
> do
> I make it stop?

You know when you left-click on something--the clicking sound your computer
makes when you've selected an item--it's the same sound.

"Donny Broome" wrote:

> The hardware itself or a sound coming from your speakers? If this clicking
> noise is coming from the hardware (your tower or case), it "might" be your
> hard disk. They will often make a clicking noise when they're beginning to
> fail. However, there are other things that could cause a clicking noise, so
> it's hard to make an educated guess without actually hearing it.

> Donny Broome
> donny AT broomeman DOT com
> Kill Spyware! Visit:
> http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/
>

> "blakwriter" <blakwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer is making a clicking sound every twenty or thirty seconds. How
> > do
> > I make it stop?

That tells a lot. Coming from the speaker or is coming from inside the case?

--
Peter

"blakwriter" <blakwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ADBE65B-A7F4-41A8-96B1-67BBB7D43C52@microsoft.com...
> You know when you left-click on something--the clicking sound your computer
> makes when you've selected an item--it's the same sound.
>
> "Donny Broome" wrote:
>
>> The hardware itself or a sound coming from your speakers? If this clicking
>> noise is coming from the hardware (your tower or case), it "might" be your
>> hard disk. They will often make a clicking noise when they're beginning to
>> fail. However, there are other things that could cause a clicking noise, so
>> it's hard to make an educated guess without actually hearing it.
>>

>> --
>> Donny Broome
>> donny AT broomeman DOT com
>> Kill Spyware! Visit:
>> http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/
>>

>> "blakwriter" <blakwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My computer is making a clicking sound every twenty or thirty seconds. How
>> > do
>> > I make it stop?

The clicking sound is coming from inside the case.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> That tells a lot. Coming from the speaker or is coming from inside the case?
>
> --
> Peter

> "blakwriter" <blakwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ADBE65B-A7F4-41A8-96B1-67BBB7D43C52@microsoft.com...
> > You know when you left-click on something--the clicking sound your computer
> > makes when you've selected an item--it's the same sound.
> >
> > "Donny Broome" wrote:
> >
> >> The hardware itself or a sound coming from your speakers? If this clicking
> >> noise is coming from the hardware (your tower or case), it "might" be your
> >> hard disk. They will often make a clicking noise when they're beginning to
> >> fail. However, there are other things that could cause a clicking noise, so
> >> it's hard to make an educated guess without actually hearing it.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Donny Broome
> >> donny AT broomeman DOT com
> >> Kill Spyware! Visit:
> >> http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/
> >>

> >> "blakwriter" <blakwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Turn off the speakers if the sound goes the problem is easy solved by
changing the sound profile, usually the menu popup sound its the
culprit.

If it's coming from inside the box, as said before, backup everything
ASAP check the drives warranty and replace it, yesterday !