AF Switch error 84 & 85

I turned on AF after having the machine in storage for six months. I
moved from West to East. The opti 84 Up switch error, and opti 85 Down
error come up when I power up the game. I am new to the group, and a
novice at fixing my games. I had a built in repair person out West. Now
I have to repair this on my own. Thank you for your advice!!

Lloyd, Thank you for this advice. I will check to make sure that Thing
is connected. I will do the switch test, and look for broken wires. As
far as the voltage....that is out of my league for now.

Thank you.

Robert

A good start would be to go into switch edge test and check the optos to see
if they work. After that if not check for broken wires. Next up check for
correct voltage ate the optos. Make sure they are clean to. And they could
be working, what ever is going up and down may not be so they don't get
triggered, check that out to. LTG :)

<Robert.corcoran@sungard.com> wrote in message
> I turned on AF after having the machine in storage for six months. I
> moved from West to East. The opti 84 Up switch error, and opti 85 Down
> error come up when I power up the game. I am new to the group, and a
> novice at fixing my games. I had a built in repair person out West. Now
> I have to repair this on my own. Thank you for your advice!!

Robert,

I think you will have to go into Thing test to see the optos for thing.
Maybe not, but that's the test you want to run. See if the hand comes
out of the box and goes back in. As it does, you will see the optos
change state.

You can look on Mr. Pinball's (NOT Aus!) collector register to see if
someone is near you who can help.

-cody
CARGPB#4

Thank you. I did the test and the machine worked fine. No error
messages. The other problem was that I had four balls in the game. It
ran well last evening, and is going to get some use tonight.

Thank you.

Robert