Adam

When i put a cd in my D:\ drive absolutly nothing happens. When I go into My
Computer and click on the D:\ drive icon it says"the drive or network
connection is unavailable". I don't know whether the D:\ drive has been
reassigned to a different letter or if I need to do something so that the
hard drive recognizes it but I know it works properly because the disk drive
file under the C:\ drive says it is ok. Any help? Thanks

Malke

Adam wrote:

> When i put a cd in my D:\ drive absolutly nothing happens. When I go
> into My Computer and click on the D:\ drive icon it says"the drive or
> network
> connection is unavailable". I don't know whether the D:\ drive has
> been reassigned to a different letter or if I need to do something so
> that the hard drive recognizes it but I know it works properly because
> the disk drive
> file under the C:\ drive says it is ok. Any help? Thanks

I'm not sure what your last sentence about why you are sure the cd drive
works actually means. If you put a cd in the drive and nothing happens,
then it isn't working. Remove the drive and put in a known-working one.
If that works, you can go to the trouble of putting the original drive
in another machine to see if its works, but with cd-rom drives being
around $20usd, I'd just replace it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers