NBA Fastbreak: dumb question..?

So, there is this big honkin' "shoot" button located on the lockdown
bar of this machine I picked up. What gives? Is this just for some kind
of bogus attraction? I know its function is to launch the ball, but
other than that. WTF?

So my question is:
Can I replace the "shoot" switch with a Launch ball switch assembly,
like the one on AFM, MB, and MM ?
It has the same ball release assembly in the game, and plenty of space
between the assembly and the front of the cabinet.
Yes, that means I would drill the cabinet where the launch ball button
is normally and replace the lockdown bar with a normal one to make the
machine look like a normal pin in my lineup.

Has anyone else tried this? Seems pretty easy, (other than having to
drill a really nice cabinet) but I wanted to get a second and third
opinion on this first...ofcourse, its just for looks anyway.

So, thanks for any input, advise, or whatever.

david p
dputsch at houston.rr dot com

I don't know about that idea...

The center button can also be used to shoot free throws and the backbox
flip mode as well. I like it, as it lends more uniqueness to the game.
I would understand if you *had* to replace it with something else
(like, you couldn't find the correct lockdown bar or something), but
that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Of course, that's my opinion...

-Brannon

OK Thanks. That makes more sence. So there is more function to it than
I understood.
As soon as I got my machine I played about 2 games on it and then
stripped down the playfield.
I am in the process or re-building it right now. OK, 86 that idea than
! Thanks for your input Brannon
I have a bunch of great shop out pics of NBAFB if anyone needs them.
Thanks
David putsch