XP Pro SP2 - all drivers current
K8WE mb - 1.01T bios
2 x Optron 265 4gb ram
Raptor boot drives
Dual Boot - XP and XP64 - Sp64 boots FAST

SP Pro has a long delay. With splash screen disabled: Stuff happens
fast for a few seconds; the kernel msg about Build 2200, 4 processor,
etc, etc appears a few seconds; then the screen goes black for about
55 seconds.

Running BootLogXP:

Starts with smss.exe for 3 sec

When smss.exe ends, then csrss.exe starts and nothing happens for 50
seconds - this the 'black screen' time

Next is Winlogon.exe just before the end of csrss.exe

Everything else follows in quick succession.

I've done all the cleaners, compactors, checkers, etc, etc. Tried all
the recommended stuff I've been able to find on the web.

Please help,
eb

--
eborys

Hi,

Csrss.exe in the system32 folder usually is a worm. See:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.webus.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"eborys" <eborys.1vj11m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> XP Pro SP2 - all drivers current
> K8WE mb - 1.01T bios
> 2 x Optron 265 4gb ram
> Raptor boot drives
> Dual Boot - XP and XP64 - Sp64 boots FAST
>
> SP Pro has a long delay. With splash screen disabled: Stuff happens
> fast for a few seconds; the kernel msg about Build 2200, 4 processor,
> etc, etc appears a few seconds; then the screen goes black for about
> 55 seconds.
>
> Running BootLogXP:
>
> Starts with smss.exe for 3 sec
>
> When smss.exe ends, then csrss.exe starts and nothing happens for 50
> seconds - this the 'black screen' time
>
> Next is Winlogon.exe just before the end of csrss.exe
>
> Everything else follows in quick succession.
>
> I've done all the cleaners, compactors, checkers, etc, etc. Tried all
> the recommended stuff I've been able to find on the web.
>
> Please help,
> eb
>

> --
> eborys

It is also process which is registered as the W32.Netsky.AB@mm worm, the
W32.Webus Trojan, Win32.Ladex.a and more.
Ref:-http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/csrss/

regards,
ssg MS-MVP