rdbss.sys blue screen

Recently I have been getting the following blue screen error messages:
"driver system unloaded without cancelling pending operations. Stop:
0X000000D4 (0XBAC97F38, DX00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804DBC9A) rdbss.sys.
Beginning physical dump of memory, etc." It seems to be becoming more
frequent. And then today, I got a different one relating to tcpip.sys:
stop 0X000000D1 (0X01C5BBF4). Rebooted, but after several minutes, I got
the rdbss.sys error message again. Anybody know what I can do to track this
down and stop it?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about rdbss blue screen

    May be the rdbss.sys file got corrupted.
    rdbss.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers.You may
    extract a fresh file from XP CD.
    Some malware can camouflage themselves as rdbss.sys, particularly if
    they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check
    the rdbss.sys process on your pc whether it is pest or not.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    John E. wrote:

    > Recently I have been getting the following blue screen error messages:
    > "driver system unloaded without cancelling pending operations. Stop:
    > 0X000000D4 (0XBAC97F38, DX00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804DBC9A) rdbss.sys.
    > Beginning physical dump of memory, etc." It seems to be becoming more
    > frequent. And then today, I got a different one relating to tcpip.sys:
    > stop 0X000000D1 (0X01C5BBF4). Rebooted, but after several minutes, I got
    > the rdbss.sys error message again. Anybody know what I can do to track this
    > down and stop it?
    > Thanks

Blue Screen Microsoft Error Message Windows XP