Flooding strikes Pittsburgh

1. Kevin Martin Aug 17, 3:06 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: Kevin Martin <s...@pair.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:06:06 -0400
Subject: Flooding strikes Pittsburgh
original | Report Abuse

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05229/555349.stm

More than 200 cars underwater... but no pinball machines. The
water main break is downtown, and even a main break in the
Carnegie area would only drain into Chartiers Creek.

So far, PAPA is safe ;)

Kevin
-----------------------------

HOW RUDE! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Maybe "bring a sandbag and get discounted admission"? ;)

Stay dry!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Kevin Martin" <sigma@pair.com> wrote in message
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05229/555349.stm
>
> More than 200 cars underwater... but no pinball machines. The
> water main break is downtown, and even a main break in the
> Carnegie area would only drain into Chartiers Creek.
>
> So far, PAPA is safe ;)
>
> Kevin

OK, this is getting spooky. Reminds me of playing pinball in
Guerneville, next to the flooding-prone Russian River (northern Calif.)
as a kid. Operators would only dare put pinball games in riverfront
locations during the calm summer months! Time to put the PAPA building
on stilts? :)

Josh

Kevin, Maybe you can use this as evidence to get flood insurance after
all. At this rate it wouldn't hurt. JR.

I didn't see any Ferrari's under water this time either. :) There is
a silver one in Kaufmann's garage that I drool over every day but that
Garage is too high above the water line to be affected. Man, I wish I
had the brains to make the $$ needed to buy one of those - even if it
got repo'd a week after I bought it at least I would have had that
week.

Yeah, two blocks from where i work. 36" main break. there was a fed ex
truck parked on the street and the break happened right in front of it
so it looked like the truck hit a fire hydrant and water was going
about 5 feet in the air.

mike

BallyMan wrote:
> Kevin, Maybe you can use this as evidence to get flood insurance after
> all. At this rate it wouldn't hurt. JR.

Oh, we've had full flood insurance since about a week after
last year's flood. It's quite inexpensive because the area
is in fact outside the 100-year floodplain.

Kevin

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:06:06 -0400, Kevin Martin <sigma@pair.com> wrote:
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05229/555349.stm
>
> More than 200 cars underwater... but no pinball machines.

When I first saw the story on the news, my first thought was to wonder
if the gods just hate you or something. The timing is erie.

--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
| I am a computer, dumber than any human and smarter than any administrator.
| Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

The timing is Erie? No, that's upstate a bit.

Hey Kevin, still want to trade me for that key?

Thanks again for a totally spectacular weekend.

Bowen Kerins wrote:
> Hey Kevin, still want to trade me for that key?

The key for the flooded 456M GT? Sure!

Kevin