Windows 7 Downgrade Question

Tags:
  • Downgrade
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows 7
November 30, 2012 3:30:48 PM

Hey Guys!
I have a question that I can't find an answer to, the thing is that I have a laptop with Windows 7 on it. It doesn't come with Seven drivers and I still have my Vista installation on my HDD (in a Windows.old folder). Is there any possibility of deleting Windows 7 and restoring Vista?

This is really important for me as I have lost the backup all of the Backup DVDs.

Thanks,
Oskar

More about : windows downgrade question

November 30, 2012 3:34:17 PM

Why do you want to go from 7 to vista? Not following you what do you mean by it doesn't come with seven drivers?
m
l
November 30, 2012 3:44:38 PM

I want to go back to Vista as Packard Bell doesn't have Windows 7 (Seven) drivers for this model therefore it's really not useful as I can't connect it to a monitor or listen to good audio or even use the hotkeys.
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2012 7:39:08 PM

*Bump*
m
l
a c 210 $ Windows 7
November 30, 2012 7:51:11 PM

Before reinstall can you give us the model of the packard bell?

Microsoft don't offer any vista ISO, so if you don't have the dvd to reinstall, might try something like ebay and get a copy to reinstall vista.
The laptop might have a recovery partition, too.
m
l
November 30, 2012 7:57:41 PM

I am uncertain of the *exact* model but it says ALP-AJAX-C3 on the label at the bottom, the series is easynote I think. Thanks for the reply
m
l
December 1, 2012 4:30:38 AM

The thing is, Vista drivers just about always work on 7. (as long as they're the write bit-rate - 32-bit or 64-bit) I don't recommend downgrading to Vista.
m
l
December 1, 2012 5:58:46 AM

This is one of the reasons I upgraded but the Graphics drivers come as a simpoe installer, it detects whatb Windows do you have and looks for the correct driver :( 
m
l
December 1, 2012 9:30:01 PM

Have you tried compatibility mode, emulating Vista? (go to the properties of the file)
m
l
!