Itunes download

I just tried to download a new version of itunes on my home computer and keep
getting an error at the end of the download that says check Windows Installer
Help on msi.chm or MSDN. I copied the itunes.exe from my work computer which
worked and still got the same error message on my home computer. How can I
get this download to work. I lost my previous version of itunes in the
process.
2 answers Last reply
More about itunes download

    Make sure that you are doing the following things:-
    1]To install iTunes or iPod software, you need to be logged in as an
    administrator on the computer.
    2]You should have the latest Windows Installer engine installed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884016
    3]If you have temp.installation files then you must empty your Temp
    directory and restart.
    4]If you have older versions of iTunes then Uninstall that.
    5]Disable AV Software during installation.

    I shall suggest you to kindly go through the instructions:-"Clean up
    iTunes installer files on the computer" as described here:-

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP
    TomS wrote:

    > I just tried to download a new version of itunes on my home computer and keep
    > getting an error at the end of the download that says check Windows Installer
    > Help on msi.chm or MSDN. I copied the itunes.exe from my work computer which
    > worked and still got the same error message on my home computer. How can I
    > get this download to work. I lost my previous version of itunes in the
    > process.

    Outstanding. I have been trying for days to accomplish this and all is well.
    I was able to download my previous library of 366 songs and the program
    works flawlessly thanks to you. Thanks again for your help.

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > Make sure that you are doing the following things:-
    > 1]To install iTunes or iPod software, you need to be logged in as an
    > administrator on the computer.
    > 2]You should have the latest Windows Installer engine installed.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884016
    > 3]If you have temp.installation files then you must empty your Temp
    > directory and restart.
    > 4]If you have older versions of iTunes then Uninstall that.
    > 5]Disable AV Software during installation.
    >
    > I shall suggest you to kindly go through the instructions:-"Clean up
    > iTunes installer files on the computer" as described here:-
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    > TomS wrote:
    >
    > > I just tried to download a new version of itunes on my home computer and keep
    > > getting an error at the end of the download that says check Windows Installer
    > > Help on msi.chm or MSDN. I copied the itunes.exe from my work computer which
    > > worked and still got the same error message on my home computer. How can I
    > > get this download to work. I lost my previous version of itunes in the
    > > process.

Download iTunes Computers Windows XP