Itunes download

I just tried to download a new version of itunes on my home computer and keep
getting an error at the end of the download that says check Windows Installer
Help on msi.chm or MSDN. I copied the itunes.exe from my work computer which
worked and still got the same error message on my home computer. How can I
get this download to work. I lost my previous version of itunes in the
process.

Make sure that you are doing the following things:-
1]To install iTunes or iPod software, you need to be logged in as an
administrator on the computer.
2]You should have the latest Windows Installer engine installed.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884016
3]If you have temp.installation files then you must empty your Temp
directory and restart.
4]If you have older versions of iTunes then Uninstall that.
5]Disable AV Software during installation.

I shall suggest you to kindly go through the instructions:-"Clean up
iTunes installer files on the computer" as described here:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP
TomS wrote:

> I just tried to download a new version of itunes on my home computer and keep
> getting an error at the end of the download that says check Windows Installer
> Help on msi.chm or MSDN. I copied the itunes.exe from my work computer which
> worked and still got the same error message on my home computer. How can I
> get this download to work. I lost my previous version of itunes in the
> process.

Outstanding. I have been trying for days to accomplish this and all is well.
I was able to download my previous library of 366 songs and the program
works flawlessly thanks to you. Thanks again for your help.