Looking for tip : sticker removal

Hi,

I have a funhouse with an operators sticker plastered over the decals
on the apron. Does anyone have any top tips on how to remove it without
destroying the funhouse decal underneath?

cheers,
Rob

oh - and in case I do wreck the decal. Do you know anywhere that sells
reproduction ones?

Depends alot on the type of sticker. I use a heat gun in many cases,
however that's a hairy operation. I use goo gone when I know it's not
going to bother the surface below.

zTim

cooneytunes@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a funhouse with an operators sticker plastered over the decals
> on the apron. Does anyone have any top tips on how to remove it without
> destroying the funhouse decal underneath?

Hi, Rob:

Just make certain it is "Goo Gone" and not "Goof Off" which will remove
the paint!!!

Is the sticker over the sleave of the arm holding the tickets on the
apron? I had a FH that once had an operator's sticker there and
whoever removed it also pulled off some of the yellow paint, which I
had to have an artist restore. If that's where it is the yellow color
can be easily matched if sticker removal does any damage ... but from
time to time I do see these FH aprons offered on ebay, so you might
also post a "favorites search" there and wait for some hits.
Also, I believe I read somewhere that naptha will dissolve the paper
and the glue without doing any harm to the finish (but do a Google
check on that before you give it a try... unless someone else on this
RGP has had personal experience with naptha and can comment about
that).

Good luck.

Bob

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

> Just make certain it is "Goo Gone" and not "Goof Off" which will remove
> the paint!!!

That's excellent advise, I've made that mistake before. Goo Gone and
let it sit for awhile will usually work. If you're very careful and
can perforate the surface of the sticker it will work faster also.
Goof Off will ruin your day on that one. Goof Off and plastics don't
mix either......
(still having nightmares from putting Goof Off on a clear plastic ramp)

- Don

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Soak it with goo gone.

Otto

CARGPB11

<cooneytunes@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a funhouse with an operators sticker plastered over the decals
> on the apron. Does anyone have any top tips on how to remove it without
> destroying the funhouse decal underneath?
>
> cheers,
> Rob

3M Adhesive Remover may work (depending on the type of decal) and won't hurt
the delicate finish on the apron. Use it all the time.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

<cooneytunes@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a funhouse with an operators sticker plastered over the decals
> on the apron. Does anyone have any top tips on how to remove it without
> destroying the funhouse decal underneath?
>
> cheers,
> Rob

Well I have had my share of tax stickers. Here is what I do now to
preserve the apron. Remember. The apron is ink so about any activity
on it will remove it. Even slight rubbing.

What I do now is take off the apron and put it in the sink. Put dish
soap on the sticker and peel what is lifting. Let it soak for about 1
hour. Come back and wipe off the lifted adhesive, repeat the process.
Do it while you have other things to do. It takes about 2-3 hours but
what you get is a removed sticker with absolutely no loss of ink. I
have tried many different methods and soap with time is the only method
I have found that does not harm any of the ink.

Bill

> I have a funhouse with an operators sticker plastered over the decals
> on the apron. Does anyone have any top tips on how to remove it without
> destroying the funhouse decal underneath?

Lots of goo gone, and a bit of time.

Unless it's a #%$&ing Illinois tax sticker, in which case it's goo gone,
a SOFT nylon scraper, and an insane amount of time.

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Here, here, yes that is a very good point. I have heard more horror stories
because of the mix-up.

"Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote in message

> cooneytunes@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a funhouse with an operators sticker plastered over the decals
> > on the apron. Does anyone have any top tips on how to remove it without
> > destroying the funhouse decal underneath?
>
> Hi, Rob:
>
> Just make certain it is "Goo Gone" and not "Goof Off" which will remove
> the paint!!!
>
> Is the sticker over the sleave of the arm holding the tickets on the
> apron? I had a FH that once had an operator's sticker there and
> whoever removed it also pulled off some of the yellow paint, which I
> had to have an artist restore. If that's where it is the yellow color
> can be easily matched if sticker removal does any damage ... but from
> time to time I do see these FH aprons offered on ebay, so you might
> also post a "favorites search" there and wait for some hits.
> Also, I believe I read somewhere that naptha will dissolve the paper
> and the glue without doing any harm to the finish (but do a Google
> check on that before you give it a try... unless someone else on this
> RGP has had personal experience with naptha and can comment about
> that).
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bob

Scot Bogart sells plastic "razor blades" at www.pinrestore.com. Had
good luck using a couple recently when removing a decal as well as the
stuff left over from a mylar removal. cheap too.

stevebo