I have a usb connected maxtor drive for backup..lately, my computer cannot
find this drive during back up...i reboot and the drive is there, and then
it works, but for some reason the drive becomes unailable during the day...I
have no explanation for this, has any one else expereinced something like
this.

I have with faulty WD internal drives yes, caused by the controllers
"Overheating". Perhaps after a certain time unused it stops responding and
windows loses it?

Charlie

J wrote:

> I have a usb connected maxtor drive for backup..lately, my computer cannot
> find this drive during back up...i reboot and the drive is there, and then
> it works, but for some reason the drive becomes unailable during the day...I
> have no explanation for this, has any one else expereinced something like
> this.

Perhaps an underpowered power supply?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/