As would HP's Envy 15. very nice specifications when configured at ~$2275.
from their website:
* • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
* • 6GB DDR3 System Memory (3 Dimm)
* • 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
* • 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5830 Graphics - For i7 Processors
* • 15.6" diagonal Full High Definition LED HP Ultra Brightview Widescreen Display (1920x1080)
* • External Tray Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support with 2 USB Ports
* • Webcam Only
* • Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
* • HP QuickWeb, Corel VideoStudio Pro X2, Corel Paintshop Pro X2, Stardock My Colors
* • HP Keyboard
* • One 6 Cell Lithium Ion Polymer Battery + One 9 Cell HP Envy Slim Fit Extended-Life Notebook Battery
* • No Productivity Software
* • HP 2-year Care Pack House Call Service for HP HDX, HP TouchSmart, or HP ENVY Laptop PC
I don't know about being under 4.5lbs though. THis might be around 5.5.
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I really appreciate the help.
1. The Dell looks really interesting, but it doesn't appear to be available from Dell Taiwan. I need to buy locally.
2. The Envy also appears close to what I am looking for (beside the weight) but likewise it doesn't show up on HP Taiwan's site. They have the probooks and elitebook series (which may also be OK, but a little heavy) but no envy series.