Win7 Update Issues

adryn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Alright. Not sure if this is in the right place for this, but here we go...

Recently when my computer restarted for updates it got stuck on, Part 2 I believe, installing updates, it was on their for a good 2 hours or so before it just kind of shut itself down.

Now whenever I try to shut down my computer it gets stuck on the "Installing Updates" part over and over again.

It seems to be causing some issues with my computer while running as well, they aren't major, but still noticeable.

Help please, any specs that are needed just ask and I can provide.

adryn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Some more on this...
I read that you can restart the computer without updates by using CTRL + ALT + DELETE, so I went to try it. It appears that my computer won't even do this, literally nothing happens if I hit these 3 keys. So... yeah.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Go to control panel, Uninstall programs and click on view installed updates in the top left corner of your screen.

Now on the right hand side there is a column named "installed on" click it and your updates will now be in chronological order.

Go to your most recent updates and right click on them and select uninstall. Restart your PC if the issue is resolved you can then re download the updates and install them.

adryn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

"Update KB2737019 has not been removed from this computer because:
Fatal error during installation"

It's a Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client...

;-;

adryn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

No I hadn't checked that page out, that tool seemed to have done the trick!
I ran it and my computer successfully restarted.
Also, it's no longer saying there's updates needed to be installed like it has been saying.

Thanks a lot :3