PS/2 Port Not working after Windows is Loaded

September 18, 2005 12:27:02 AM

I had to do a repair in XP Pro and after the repair my ps/2 port no longer
works. The usb works fine. Anyway to update bios or drivers to get the port
to work again?
--
Thanks,

Karrie, aka rangerfan25
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 6:27:05 AM

Rangerfan25 wrote:

> I had to do a repair in XP Pro and after the repair my ps/2 port no longer
> works. The usb works fine. Anyway to update bios or drivers to get the port
> to work again?

Checked the bios to see whether or not the PS/2 port is enabled?
Sometimes, hardware repair and changes, especially with plug-and-
play devices, may change the bios configuration setting.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 7:08:10 AM

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuZ2VyZmFuMjU=?= wrote:

> I had to do a repair in XP Pro and after the repair my ps/2 port no longer
> works. The usb works fine. Anyway to update bios or drivers to get the port
> to work again?

If it was working before than by all means DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR BIOS.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
January 27, 2010 11:29:31 AM

you wanted canseco! you got canseco!
and look what canseco did to baseball!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE JUAN GONZALEZ!!!!!
and take that ranger fan!
:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  [
January 27, 2010 4:39:36 PM

Quote:
you wanted canseco! you got canseco!
and look what canseco did to baseball!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE JUAN GONZALEZ!!!!!
and take that ranger fan!
:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  [

That was worth resurrecting a 4+ year old thread.
!