WANT TO BUY A LAPTOP UNDER $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Hello,
1_What is your budget?
under $800....but as long as it fits my requirements i dont care how cheap it is

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
dunno, maybe arnd 15"-17"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
VERY MUCH Prefer HD

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
it doesnt matter, as long as it fits the requirements

5_How much battery life do you need?
As much as i can get

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
modern warefare 2 n other COD games, infamous, GTA series (most likely GTA iV), Sims games, God of war 3, Red alert 3, Command n Conquer games ETC.
ALL OF THESE WILL PLAY IN MAX POSSIB.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo editin, movies, music, video edittin, i nvr knw wat i might do xD

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
As much As i can get for my requirements (wud EXTREMELY prefer 320GB atleast, with 7200 rpm)

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Dont have specific sites....as long as i can buy it, whether online or not

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer & Bluray Rom/Writer Would B nice....but its ok evn if its dvd only :D

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
As Long as its good :)

13_What country do you live in?
i live in Maldives but i can also buy from Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai or Egypt (have cousins in those places who can buy it for me xD)

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
MY REQUIREMENTS:

wud very much PREFER an intel core i3, i5 or i7........BUT any other processer is also ok....but need it to b rlly FAST..

N also it is a MUST to have a 512 MB Dedicated graphics card...but wud LOVE to hav a 1GB dedicated graphics card......as long as its really good

4GB RAM (or higher n best if DDR3)

WUD LOVE A 320GB HDD (or higher) with 7200rpm

PREFER a Windows 7 operating system but vista is also OK

AS i said a Good 512 MB (or higher) dedicated graphics card is compulsory

and all others tht i hav mentioned earlier

NOTE: I CAN BUY FROM EBAY....AS LONG AS IT SHIPS TO MALDIVES

thnx all for ur gr8 help wud love to hav replies as soon as possible :D

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
hehhe.....no i mentioned like tht coz many pppl....cud b too lazy to convert maldivian rufiyaa into dollars...n check places like ebay.......hehe...i can only buy from Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai or Egypt.....thnx

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
seems like the dell studio 17 is way above my budget, frm wat i saw frm the us dell website its arnd a 1000 dollars

i have found a laptop that very well fits my budget n requirements
check this link and let me know wat u think abt it. plz note tht this is available in malaysia (malaysia website) so tht means i could buy it easily
http://www1.ap.dell.com/my/en/home/notebooks/inspiron-15r/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-15r&s=dhs&cs=mydhs1&~oid=my~en~30002~inspn_15r_t510454my~~

$amurai

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Check if tigerdirect.com will ship to any of those places, I think they might.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6241357&CatId=4938
This might be good, not the best processor but a nice GPU that should play those games OK.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5592723&CatId=4938
This has the mobility radeon 5470, same as the one Maziar recommended (you were saying it had a 4570, the page says 5470). It's not the best GPU but it also should be good enough, and a better processor.

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

hey maziar......u have been mistaken....the link tht i gave u says its a ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 1GB........so can u plz check tht link again say hw gud tht deal is?

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

heheh.....i hadnt noticd tht maziar had written 4570....i still think inspiron 15r (http://www1.ap.dell.com/my/en/home/notebooks/inspiron-15r/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-15r&s=dhs&cs=mydhs1&~oid=my~en~30002~inspn_15r_t510454my~~) is much better......since it has the latest intel core i5 n has the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 1GB graphics card so.......its better AND cheaper.......but i jst dont wana finalize it yet.......hehe.....i rlly appreciate u guys help. :D

so i guess i will hav to say, if i cant find another laptop better than the inspiron 15r, i think i'll finalize it then...but not jst yet......the search is nt over rite?? ;D

ronss

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
laptop with the least mal-functions in 2009.....

1. asus
2. toshiba
3. sony

i would stay away from dell.....they have changed there support forum,,,its not that good anymore.......

might consider hewlett packer ....they have a good support forum

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

so.......its nt tht gud huh? so...wats ur opinion?

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
then.....can u tell me a gud 1 which has tht graphics card......btw its nt tht im too lazy to find it out...its tht i hav spent a lot of time tryin to find a gud 1..........but havnt found 1......so thts y i turned to u guys......;D
i rlly appreciate all the help u guys r givin.....thnx :D

Haan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
well.....shops in maldives arent gud......its tooo expensive........thts y i choose malay for buyin stuff like tht.....n ebay....jst choose which country to ship to.....n theres maldives......n other online shops....
OR u cud jst find me a thelaptop.....n i will do the other part (shippin n stuff)
jst find me the laptop....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.