Paring a T3 with the motorola DC600

December 8, 2004 2:33:39 AM

I have purchased a DC600 Bluetooth adaptor for my Motorola phone (a 731c).

I am not trying to use my T3 with this adaptor. (not surf the net yet...just
pairing the two).

I would up creating my own phone profile. The only one I could get to work
was to Edit my own phone connection and

DELETE ALL init strings.

Does anyone have a link to a site with the correct, or recommended init
strings that I should use for this Bluetooth adaptor?

I do in fact have the T3 able to dial the phone right now...but I would like
to get stuff like the SMS etc working.

And, eventually the web connection and email would be nice too (but, my data
plan is not yet activated).

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

More about : paring motorola dc600

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 2:47:52 AM

Albert D. Kallal! wrote:

> I have purchased a DC600 Bluetooth adaptor for my Motorola
> phone (a 731c).

I would be interested in this as well, as I'm considering
getting a DC600 for my Moto E310. My main interest would be using
the Palm address book as a dialer & using the Palm SMS app.

Joe
--
In the Palm™ of some fool's hand.
- Bob Dylan

I got the dialer working.

However, the SMS stuff is not.

As for web access...I have not activated my data plan for my phone....

With good Motorola phones and Bluetooth, I was able to send a picture from
my T3 to the Motorola phone (a v600 with Bluetooth). (this took no special
setup..except to pair the two devices...very cool!).

However, the DC600 adaptor is quite limited..and if I had more
information...I might get more functionary.

Right now..I got dialing working..and my guess is that the web stuff should
work..but have not yet tired it...

regardless...a site with some init strings for the Motorola phone would be
nice....

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn
December 22, 2004 2:16:27 PM

I have successfully paired a Motorola T730 with DC600 attached and the
Palm Tungsten T3 for internet access with the Verizon network. The
meathod works with the packet switched network, ie 14.4K, no extra
cost, used airtime minutes. I have not tried it on the faster network,
as I have not signed up to pay more for that priviledge.

To begin with, one needs to follow the instructions in the DC600 manual
and pair the two units together with code 0000. (Hook the DC600 to the
phone. Push the pairing buton on the DC600 until the right blue LED
lights up. Release the button. The LED's will flash alternatively.
On the T3, enable bluetooth and make sure it is set for discovery. Add
a device in Preferences/Bluetooth. You should see the DC600 in the
list of discovered devices. Select DC600 and make the connection using
the code 0000. -- This is from memory as I don't have either unit with
me right now.)

Once the pairing is done, go into Preferences/connection and set up a
new connection. Name the connection whatever you like.
The connection will be:
Connect to: PC
Via: Bluetooth
<Details>
Speed: 115,200 bps
Flow Ctrl: Automatic

Somewhere in this process the trusted device may need to be chosen. I
noticed in PC devices that nothing showed up, but it still works even
if nothing is chosen. I did try to make a connection with the connect
to: phone, network, etc. options, but they would not work.

In Preferences/Network set up a new service, ie "Verizon."
User Name: qnc
Password: qnc
Connection: (Whatever you named your connection.)
<Details>
Connection type: PPP
idle timeout: Never
Query DNS: Yes
IP Address: Automatic
<Script>
Send at$qcmdr=2
Send CR
Send atdt#777
Send CR
Delay: 4
End

The first few times I got a PPP timeout, but after I reconnected the
DC600 to the phone and played around a bit, it started working. If
this doesn't work th efirst time, play around a little bit and you may
get it to work. Hope this helps anyone trying to make this connection
work. Note however that this is only for internet access. The SMS and
Dialer programs will still not work this way.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 2:17:53 PM

!