Will pc 133 memory work with a compaq 7940?

Chad

Hi all,

I got a pretty much stock 7940 and i want to up grade the memory on
it. It has 128 megs now i want to bring it up to 256 total but i am
having a hard time finding pc100 speed and i was wondering if pc133
will work, i may just get one stick of pc133 256 meg and remove the
pc100 128 meg stick. Also, since the 7940 is an atx standard ( i
looked ) if i decide to change the mother board and proscessor will
the restore cds still work?

your thoughts?

thanks
Lucky

hh

First check the Compaq FAQ re: swapping motherboards. If that doesn't deter
you, the fact that your restore CDs won't work on a non-Compaq motherboard
should. As for RAM, try:
http://www.crucial.com
They have PC100 SyncDRAM for your specific model Presario. Many Compaqs that
came with PC100 memory get flaky when you try PC133. On others it runs fine.
HH