Sign in with
Your question

Asus ML239H vs Dell U2311H

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 18, 2011 2:14:26 PM

Hey guys, Im looking for a new panel to replace my asus 2333t c-pva panel (too much ghosting). It will be used for gaming, movie watching, general computing and programming. I really dont want a TN anymore after seeing the color contrast of the 2333t c-pva, they just have too much ghosting for gaming. Which of those two panels would you guys suggest? Supposedly they are the same panels (I have heard the asus uses the 3rd revision of the panel and the dell uses the second, with the dell having a higher AG coating and CCFL lighting rather than LED). I can get the asus for 210 and the dell for 250... Soooo, which choice is wiser? Any of you guys have direct experience with these panels?
August 26, 2011 1:31:07 AM

Digital Dissent said:
Hey guys, Im looking for a new panel to replace my asus 2333t c-pva panel (too much ghosting). It will be used for gaming, movie watching, general computing and programming. I really dont want a TN anymore after seeing the color contrast of the 2333t c-pva, they just have too much ghosting for gaming. Which of those two panels would you guys suggest? Supposedly they are the same panels (I have heard the asus uses the 3rd revision of the panel and the dell uses the second, with the dell having a higher AG coating and CCFL lighting rather than LED). I can get the asus for 210 and the dell for 250... Soooo, which choice is wiser? Any of you guys have direct experience with these panels?

I am wondering the same thing and deciding between these two monitors, except now I think the Asus is available for 179.99 on Amazon with no tax so the Asus is far more attractive value-wise right now. My only concern is whether there is noticeable ghosting for gaming like SC2, DoTA, WOW and maybe some FPS. I am not really an FPS player but I would be bothered by noticeable ghosting.
m
l
August 30, 2011 5:16:33 PM

Basically the Dell is a slightly quickly, slightly better looking screen. Its a close match but the Dell is a bit better. You pay a bit more aswell tho.
Anyway, since you're gonna be gaming on it, even the Dell is probably even a bit too slow. For strategy games it might not be that much of a bother but for FPS games like BC2 you will notice some ghosting.
m
l
!