How to add windows XP components without media?

MND

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005

Hi

By mistake I have deleted the some of the windows components (Control Panel
-> Add-remove programs-> Add/Remove windows components -> I selected
accessories and other over there.

Now I do not have any of the accessories.

When I click to add again the PC is looking for file from I386 directory. I
am unable to locate the files nor I have media to insert.

By the way this is a branded PC with complete license.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
MND

Install xp cd,add windows components..

"MND" wrote:

> Hi
>
> By mistake I have deleted the some of the windows components (Control Panel
> -> Add-remove programs-> Add/Remove windows components -> I selected
> accessories and other over there.
>
> Now I do not have any of the accessories.
>
> When I click to add again the PC is looking for file from I386 directory. I
> am unable to locate the files nor I have media to insert.
>
> By the way this is a branded PC with complete license.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> MND

Restore shortcuts to the Accessories group
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"MND" <MND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> By mistake I have deleted the some of the windows components (Control
> Panel
> -> Add-remove programs-> Add/Remove windows components -> I selected
> accessories and other over there.
>
> Now I do not have any of the accessories.
>
> When I click to add again the PC is looking for file from I386 directory.
> am unable to locate the files nor I have media to insert.
>
> By the way this is a branded PC with complete license.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> MND

Which is difficult, when they don't have the CD.

Read the message before responding, please.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:05:01 -0700, Andrew E. <eckrichco@msn.com>
wrote:

> Install xp cd,add windows components..
>
>"MND" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> By mistake I have deleted the some of the windows components (Control Panel
>> -> Add-remove programs-> Add/Remove windows components -> I selected
>> accessories and other over there.
>>
>> Now I do not have any of the accessories.
>>
>> When I click to add again the PC is looking for file from I386 directory. I
>> am unable to locate the files nor I have media to insert.
>>
>> By the way this is a branded PC with complete license.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>> MND

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
;326246]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246