  • Defragment
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 18, 2005 1:27:15 PM

When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run. I
run this but it still won't defrag.

I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text the
last line of which is:

mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys

More about : defrag

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 2:29:41 PM

My guess is your problem has something to do with Blue Tooth:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184277

Try checking with the support for the product for an updated driver or other solution. Alternative uninstall!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message news:20bda$432d24d9$50e5af86$30154@nf5.news-service.com...
> When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run. I
> run this but it still won't defrag.
>
> I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text the
> last line of which is:
>
> mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:27:59 PM

> Hi,
>
> Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
>
> chkntfs /d
>
> This should clear the dirty bit used to set chkdsk and should allow you to
> defrag.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run.
>> I run this but it still won't defrag.
>>
>> I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text
>> the last line of which is:
>>
>> mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys

Sadly it still won't defrag
September 18, 2005 11:28:00 PM

What does it say after clearing the dirty bit? Have you rebooted yet?

--

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Trevor Appleton" <trevor.appleton@woldsedge.org.uk> wrote in message

>> Hi,
>>
>> Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
>>
>> chkntfs /d
>>
>> This should clear the dirty bit used to set chkdsk and should allow you
>> to defrag.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run.
>>> I run this but it still won't defrag.
>>>
>>> I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text
>>> the last line of which is:
>>>
>>> mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys
>>>

> Sadly it still won't defrag

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:28:45 AM

> What does it say after clearing the dirty bit? Have you rebooted yet?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Trevor Appleton" <trevor.appleton@woldsedge.org.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
>>>
>>> chkntfs /d
>>>
>>> This should clear the dirty bit used to set chkdsk and should allow you
>>> to defrag.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message

>> Sadly it still won't defrag

Yes have rebooted. It says exactly the same as before i.e. that disk
defragmenter failed to run because chkdsk is scheduled to run on C.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:30:13 AM

> Hi,
>
> Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
>
> chkntfs /d

Should I see anything happen after this line? It just goes to a prompt.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:40:11 AM

"Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
news:o TVTCODvFHA.3084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
My guess is your problem has something to do with Blue Tooth:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184277

Try checking with the support for the product for an updated driver or other
solution. Alternative uninstall!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
> When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run. I
> run this but it still won't defrag.
>
> I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text
> the
> last line of which is:
>
> mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys

Reinstalled bluetooth drivers but still have the problem.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:46:01 AM

Hi,

No, it just clears the bit, nothing more.

--

!