Can't defrag

When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run. I
run this but it still won't defrag.

I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text the
last line of which is:

mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys
7 answers Last reply
More about defrag

    My guess is your problem has something to do with Blue Tooth:

    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184277

    Try checking with the support for the product for an updated driver or other solution. Alternative uninstall!

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    > Hi,
    >
    > Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
    >
    > chkntfs /d
    >
    > This should clear the dirty bit used to set chkdsk and should allow you to
    > defrag.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
    >> When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run.
    >> I run this but it still won't defrag.
    >>
    >> I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text
    >> the last line of which is:
    >>
    >> mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys

    Sadly it still won't defrag

    What does it say after clearing the dirty bit? Have you rebooted yet?

    --

    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

    > What does it say after clearing the dirty bit? Have you rebooted yet?
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Trevor Appleton" <trevor.appleton@woldsedge.org.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
    >>>
    >>> chkntfs /d
    >>>
    >>> This should clear the dirty bit used to set chkdsk and should allow you
    >>> to defrag.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Best of Luck,

    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>>
    >>> "Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message

    >> Sadly it still won't defrag

    Yes have rebooted. It says exactly the same as before i.e. that disk
    defragmenter failed to run because chkdsk is scheduled to run on C.

    > Hi,
    >
    > Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
    >
    > chkntfs /d

    Should I see anything happen after this line? It just goes to a prompt.

    "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
    My guess is your problem has something to do with Blue Tooth:

    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184277

    Try checking with the support for the product for an updated driver or other
    solution. Alternative uninstall!

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Thomas Appleton" <thomas@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to defrag I get a message that chkdsk /f is scheduled to run. I
    > run this but it still won't defrag.
    >
    > I can't get into safe mode as it hangs on a page of black and white text
    > the
    > last line of which is:
    >
    > mulyti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys

    Reinstalled bluetooth drivers but still have the problem.

    Hi,

    No, it just clears the bit, nothing more.

    --

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. From the prompt run:
    >>
    >> chkntfs /d
    >>

    > Should I see anything happen after this line? It just goes to a prompt.

Safe Mode Defragment Microsoft Windows XP