Joe

Can anyone tell me if XP Home has the backup facility in C:\Properties\Tools
the same as XP Pro please?

--

Regards
Joe

Joe <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if XP Home has the backup facility in
> C:\Properties\Tools the same as XP Pro please?

There is no "backup facility" in C:\Properties\Tools by default.
The WinXP Pro Backup tool is %SystemRoot%\system32\ntbackup.exe.
If you want to install this tool under WinXP Home, insert your Windows
CD and doubleclick the file "NTBACKUP.MSI" located in the folder
VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP. See also

"HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302894

--
d-d

Joe <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> That aside you have answered my question for me and I can now
> pass your information onto our member which was inquiring.
>
> Many thanks

You're certainly welcome, Joe.

--
d-d

Joe

Thank you d-d, perhaps I used the wrong description but in my XP Pro if I
open My Computer, right click on C Drive\Properties\Tools I see three
functions, Error Checking, Defragment Now and Backup Now, this is what I was
referring to.