How to reset fonts back to default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there any way I can reset my Windows XP fonts back to the way they
were when I first installed Windows?

I installed too many new fonts becaues I type in a few differnt
languages, but it's too crazy now.

--
yongho

"yongho" <yongho.1vjydm@pcbanter.net> wrote:

> Is there any way I can reset my Windows XP fonts back to the way they
> were when I first installed Windows?
>
> I installed too many new fonts becaues I type in a few differnt
> languages, but it's too crazy now.

See if this helps when cleaning up.

"Fonts supplied with Windows XP"
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm

"Fonts supplied with some Microsoft products"
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

--
d-d

Try this method (courtesy of Kelly Theriot MVP):

Make a work folder - say C:\Tempfont. Put the XP CD in the drive and exit from the auto-run.

Start - Run - CMD.EXE and in that give the letter of the CD drive (say Z:) - so

Z:
CD i386
EXPAND *.TT_ C:\TEMPFONT
EXPAND *.FO_ C:\TEMPFONT
C:
CD \TEMPFONT
REN *.TT_ *.TTF
REN *.FO_ *.FON
EXIT

That will extract all 298 fonts to C:\TEMPFONT. You can then go to the Fonts folder, Browse to C:\Tempfont, and select the ones you need. Check the 'Copy to fonts folder' box before OK. Once you are sure you have everything you need, you can delete the work folder.

Fonts Supplied with Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm

How to Determine the Default Windows Fonts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q254768

TrueType Fonts Shipped with Microsoft Applications
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q123084

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"yongho" <yongho.1vjydm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:yongho.1vjydm@pcbanter.net...

> Is there any way I can reset my Windows XP fonts back to the way they
> were when I first installed Windows?
>
> I installed too many new fonts becaues I type in a few differnt
> languages, but it's too crazy now.
>

> --
> yongho

janseidl

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
A simpler one:

1 Go to the Fonts folder (generally [WINDOWS INSTALLATION DRIVE]:\WINOWS\Fonts) thru Windows Explorer
2 Set as 'List View'
3 Sort by 'Modified Date'
4 Use good-sense to make the difference between the dates to see which ones were installed with the packaging.

[]'s