Closed

How to reset fonts back to default?

Is there any way I can reset my Windows XP fonts back to the way they
were when I first installed Windows?

I installed too many new fonts becaues I type in a few differnt
languages, but it's too crazy now.

--
yongho
5 answers Last reply

    "yongho" <yongho.1vjydm@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    > Is there any way I can reset my Windows XP fonts back to the way they
    > were when I first installed Windows?
    >
    > I installed too many new fonts becaues I type in a few differnt
    > languages, but it's too crazy now.

    See if this helps when cleaning up.

    "Fonts supplied with Windows XP"
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm

    "Fonts supplied with some Microsoft products"
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

    --
    d-d

    Try this method (courtesy of Kelly Theriot MVP):

    Make a work folder - say C:\Tempfont. Put the XP CD in the drive and exit from the auto-run.

    Start - Run - CMD.EXE and in that give the letter of the CD drive (say Z:) - so

    Z:
    CD i386
    EXPAND *.TT_ C:\TEMPFONT
    EXPAND *.FO_ C:\TEMPFONT
    C:
    CD \TEMPFONT
    REN *.TT_ *.TTF
    REN *.FO_ *.FON
    EXIT

    That will extract all 298 fonts to C:\TEMPFONT. You can then go to the Fonts folder, Browse to C:\Tempfont, and select the ones you need. Check the 'Copy to fonts folder' box before OK. Once you are sure you have everything you need, you can delete the work folder.

    Fonts Supplied with Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm

    How to Determine the Default Windows Fonts
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q254768

    TrueType Fonts Shipped with Microsoft Applications
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q123084

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "yongho" <yongho.1vjydm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:yongho.1vjydm@pcbanter.net...

    > Is there any way I can reset my Windows XP fonts back to the way they
    > were when I first installed Windows?
    >
    > I installed too many new fonts becaues I type in a few differnt
    > languages, but it's too crazy now.
    >

    > --
    > yongho
  3. A simpler one:

    1 Go to the Fonts folder (generally [WINDOWS INSTALLATION DRIVE]:\WINOWS\Fonts) thru Windows Explorer
    2 Set as 'List View'
    3 Sort by 'Modified Date'
    4 Use good-sense to make the difference between the dates to see which ones were installed with the packaging.

    []'s
  4. Many thanks for this simpler one !!!!
  5. old thread please start a new one

Default Windows XP