Windows 7 disk isn't booting on new build

newbphil

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hello,
I've recently built my new gaming pc. When I try to boot the windows 7 disk, it says, " reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" I've gone into the BIOS to make it boot from the disk drive, but to no avail. I'd love some help on this. I'm also quite the PC noob, this being my first build.

most new mb now have two bios.the old stock bios and a efi bios. make sure on the easy bios you have cd-rom not efi cd-rom set as the first boot device. you may also have to change the boot order under boot in the bios. (also check that your using a windows 7 cd and not office and the cd is a full version cd not an upgrade cd.

newbphil

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

I've done this a solid 10 times, it's just not working, that's the problem.

newbphil

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

I'm not quite sure what you mean by efi bios... I'm pretty new to building computers, but it seems that there's only one bios... I have no idea how to check though, honestly, I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.
EDIT: When I start the PC, it says to press f2 to go into the UEFI setup. I believe that is the bios, correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am, it would be nice to learn how to get into the actual bios... again, sorry for being such a noob with this stuff.