Sign in with
Your question

Acer lcd monitor repair advice forums

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 20, 2011 3:11:19 PM

Hello, I have an acer lcd monitor model X222W. when I power it up, I get the torquise acer logo for about 2 seconds, then I see my desktop for approximately 1 second, then the screen goes black. Also, the green power light under the screen goes orange (standby mode?) any advice appreciated please guys. Cheers, Carl
May 20, 2011 3:17:56 PM

Standard starting advice: try the monitor with a different computer and video cable to see if the problem is really in the monitor. If you can confirm that, the next question is: is your monitor still under warranty?
May 20, 2011 3:38:39 PM

Hi, was actually given this monitor in its current condition, because of its fail, & I was hoping to repair it for my own use. bearing that in mind, ther is unfortunately no warranty, and the previous owner said it just gave up the ghost. I also tried it on my pc, & my daughters laptop via the vga output socket, both without any luck. other than that, I have no history of behaviour leading up to the fail...sorry. (cheers)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 20, 2011 8:58:42 PM

If you don't already know how to fix this, the part and labor to repair will probably equal a new monitor.

If you can see any image at all, even super faint, the backlight is gone. If there is no image at all, you may need a new inverter, http://www.lcdparts.net/LIPS.aspx or possibly a whole new LCD pannel.
May 20, 2011 11:55:34 PM

jeez!!!! not the news i was hoping for!!!! but hey don't shoot the messenger ...right?.... thanks for the info.
May 21, 2011 12:20:32 AM

just found a complete new power board ( FSP055-2PI02A) with inverter included,..... £17 + £2 p+p !!!! from hong kong. on a sellers site called ecrater.... looks like it's worth a go...no? ... here's hoping!!
May 21, 2011 12:23:09 AM

incidentally, lcdparts wanted $78.00 for one, plus P+P thanks anyway though.

:-)
August 11, 2011 9:21:18 PM

Hi fatty
I am in exactly the same position, I was given the monitor to see if I could do any thing with it, have done exactly what you have done with exactly the same result. It looks as though there is an inherant fault with this monitor. I have resoldered most of the joints on the pcb in case of a dry joint with no effect, don't know enough about them to any thing else.
Bazzer1
!