Alan

My PC goes to screen saver - but I can't seem to stop it.
When i go to Control Panel/ Display all i get is a choice of themes.
There are no tabs for screen saver
How can I turn the screen saver off?

TIA

Hi Alan,

You might want to download and run the following edit:

Screensaver tab missing (line 51, left column)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Alan" <alan.davies10@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> My PC goes to screen saver - but I can't seem to stop it.
> When i go to Control Panel/ Display all i get is a choice of themes.
> There are no tabs for screen saver
> How can I turn the screen saver off?
>
> TIA

Alan

Thanks for the quick response, but unfortunately that did not help

----------------------------------
"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Alan,
>
> You might want to download and run the following edit:
>
> Screensaver tab missing (line 51, left column)

> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>

> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Alan" <alan.davies10@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> My PC goes to screen saver - but I can't seem to stop it.
>> When i go to Control Panel/ Display all i get is a choice of themes.
>> There are no tabs for screen saver
>> How can I turn the screen saver off?
>>
>> TIA

Hello Alan,

To disable the screensaver, you can manually edit the registry. Open the registry editor (Start/Run
REGEDIT) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

On the right hand pane, delete the string named SCRNSAVE.EXE by selecting it and hitting delete on
the keyboard.

--

> Thanks for the quick response, but unfortunately that did not help
>
> ----------------------------------
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uG8pm8GvFHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> You might want to download and run the following edit:
>>
>> Screensaver tab missing (line 51, left column)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>

>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Alan" <alan.davies10@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> My PC goes to screen saver - but I can't seem to stop it.
>>> When i go to Control Panel/ Display all i get is a choice of themes.
>>> There are no tabs for screen saver
>>> How can I turn the screen saver off?
>>>
>>> TIA

TRENDING THREADS