Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows"

tercac2

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hye guys I have a studio xps 8100. It originally had a 1tb hdd which I decided to upgrade to a ssd. ANyways I got the ssd, unplugged the hdd from its original sata port and plugged it into another sata port, I then plugged in the ssd in the spot where the hdd had been. Installed windows, everything seemed fine, formatted hdd once windows had been installed and everything seemed good to go... Started installing drivers until suddenly I got an error during a BIOS update but nothing crashed so it seemed fine. ANyways after restarting the computer due to video drivers, rebooting took FOREVER. It turned off super quickly, and got to the 'loading windows' screen in like 3 seconds but then once all 4 'icons' come together to form the windows logo, it sort of got stuck (not frozen, the windows icon was still glowing, but it just stayed there for like forever).
Anyways this is ALWAYS happening now, no matter what I do it takes a good 15 minutes to get into the freaking desktop, on an SSD!
I tried messing with bios settings(disabling raid etc), unplugged the hdd, did fresh os installs on the ssd... nothing. I did some research and tried accessing the console through the repair cd but the damn thing keeps giving me a message saying that my windows is not compatible with the cd (I used the freaking thing to install it in the first place come on!). Anyways I seem to be at a checkmate, I have no idea what to do and I'm very frustrated... hope you guys can help me out : /