Chris Hutchins No Fear restoration is now complete

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2005 3:11:47 AM

Amazing work

Decals courtesy of "The King"

Pinball Pro's

New NOS plastics

Clearcoated playfield

Just an amazing job:

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album46?p...

I will be sleeping in the guest room tonight because my wife found out
what it cost

LOL

Gary
August 18, 2005 3:26:42 AM

Spectacular looking machine, almost too smooth looking to play. OK give
it up Gary, what'd it cost?

nomad
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 3:32:19 AM

I am not sure

I agreed to a 5 pin deal minimum with Chris

He worked all the prices in together

next is an Addams (complete in a few days and maybe the best restored
TAF ever), then an STTNG, then a Rollergames, then a Whitewater

It isn't cheap ... but actually not that much more than a NIB Stern

I think Chris could actually make No Fear popular with restorations
like that

the pin is going to look really silly next to my Alvin G. Pistol Poker

gary
August 18, 2005 3:32:19 AM

I am not sure

I agreed to a 5 pin deal minimum with Chris

He worked all the prices in together

next is an Addams (complete in a few days and maybe the best restored
TAF ever), then an STTNG, then a Rollergames, then a Whitewater

It isn't cheap ... but actually not that much more than a NIB Stern

I think Chris could actually make No Fear popular with restorations
like that

the pin is going to look really silly next to my Alvin G. Pistol Poker

gary
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 3:36:14 AM

You guys should be happy

I am going with only WMS and Stern pins from this point on

I finally realized that you guys were right when you said it was WMS or
nothing

I do think Stern is building a great pin as well

I just wish we could get them a little bit cheaper

gary
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 3:41:41 AM

I promised Chris I wouldn't mention the price

It's expensive, but the deal was fair

Look at the end results

Next he is doing an Addams, STTNG, Rollergames and Whitewater for me

and then I will busy with my lawyers handling my divorce after my wife
sees the crates being brought into the house ...

so I will vanish again ...

gary
August 18, 2005 3:44:06 AM

Hey, don't forget your kid, you know they needs toys too!

nomad
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 7:39:12 AM

Very nice Gary. My favorite shots are always the "under the hood"
shots. There are a lot of guys out there that can make a pin look
nice. Not many go that extra mile like Chris to make EVERYTHING look
nice. :-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
> Amazing work
>
> Decals courtesy of "The King"
>
> Pinball Pro's
>
> New NOS plastics
>
> Clearcoated playfield
>
> Just an amazing job:
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album46?p...
>
> I will be sleeping in the guest room tonight because my wife found out
> what it cost
>
> LOL
>
> Gary
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 9:02:37 AM

Rollergames...? Hated that peice of... Shiny won't help that one.

zTim
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:12:10 AM

>so I will vanish again ...
>gary

Don't promise what you know you can't deliver.

Kirb
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:15:11 AM

the more I play rollergames the more i like it. I love that the locked
balls circulate around the track. A real nice rollergames is awesome to
play.

And in a way it has more humor than MM ;)

-c
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 11:31:13 AM

Congrats Gary - it is a real treat to work with Chris. The guy just
has the whole package - Unspeakable talent, patience, integrity,
extreme attention to detail, passion for the game and a drive to make
each game the absolute best it can possibly be down to the last rivet.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 11:57:15 AM

Rollergames is my favorite pin out of my collection and all the others I've
owned.

I think Chris likes it too!

It gets more love around here than many people think!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Rockola" <fredmertz_1@msn.com> wrote in message
> Rollergames...? Hated that peice of... Shiny won't help that one.
>
> zTim

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 11:57:55 AM

Glad to see those decals installed - now I know what mine will look like!

Looks like a fun machine Gary.. hope you'll enjoy it!

--

<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Amazing work
>
> Decals courtesy of "The King"
>
> Pinball Pro's
>
> New NOS plastics
>
> Clearcoated playfield
>
> Just an amazing job:
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album46?p...
>
> I will be sleeping in the guest room tonight because my wife found out
> what it cost
>
> LOL
>
> Gary

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 12:57:14 PM

Chris says he can make the Rollergames look just about as good as the
NF

Does anyone really believe that this is possible?

We will see ...

Addams pictures shortly

gary
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:51:58 PM

Wait til you play one with 8 drop targets!

-

CraigC -Chicago- wrote:
> the more I play rollergames the more i like it. I love that the locked
> balls circulate around the track. A real nice rollergames is awesome to
> play.
>
> And in a way it has more humor than MM ;)
>
> -c

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:21:53 PM

On Thu, 18 Aug, Rockola wrote:
> Rollergames...? Hated that peice of... Shiny won't help that one.

Oh come on. To each their own. Some people here don't like MM. No reason
to go trashing someone else's choices.

--Donnie

August 19, 2005 12:43:41 AM

Is this one of the few pins that is actually "better than new in the
box"?

My old local guy used to give me that line and then one day I went to
his house to look at his pins and the cabinet decal was peeling off of
the front of his TZ

I just looked at it and shook my head

Very ugly ...

gary
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:54:11 AM

Yeah but I'll bet it played great and he probably loved it for what it
was, a great playing pinball machine :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

It is now art, I would not play it, sure must look purty with the lights on,
better in the dark.

Trin
<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Amazing work
>
> Decals courtesy of "The King"
>
> Pinball Pro's
>
> New NOS plastics
>
> Clearcoated playfield
>
> Just an amazing job:
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album46?p...
>
> I will be sleeping in the guest room tonight because my wife found out
> what it cost
>
> LOL
>
> Gary

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:31:46 PM

>Yeah but I'll bet it played great and he probably loved it for what it
>was, a great playing pinball machine :)

yea, the guy actually seems to like playing the game as opposed to
buying a pile of games to use as furniture. To some, a great playing
game is the only thing that matters.

Kirb
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:46:16 PM

I can't believe it.

I have actually made owning mint WMS games uncool

And after all those months of you guys trying to convince me that it is
WMS or nothing

I wish someone had told me about this in advance, because it would have
saved me a heck of a lot of money and maybe my wife wouldn't be so mad
with me

An Alvin G is a lot cheaper than a Chris Hutchins restored MM

oh well ...

Gary
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:58:12 PM

gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
> I can't believe it.
>
> I have actually made owning mint WMS games uncool
>
> And after all those months of you guys trying to convince me that it is
> WMS or nothing
> oh well ...
>
> Gary

Man you sure like to twist things around, don't you? Do you really want
to get into this again?
First off, owning any pinball can be considered cool. Got it?
Secondly, why on God's green earth do you think you have the ability to
make owning anything cool or uncool? Please, explain.
Third, what the hell does mint or not mint have to do with anything?
That's a personal prefernce, not a coolness factor.
Finally, as far as Ive ever seen not one solitary person on this group
has tried to convince you to own only Williams games. Where do you get
that from?

I think you have some 'splainin' to do, Lucy.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:07:49 PM

I was joking

humor ...

apologies

gary
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:51:12 PM

Oh, ok. Sorry man ;)  But you see, there was no smiley or J/K so how the
heck would I know? :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:57:35 PM

I don't even know what key on the keyboard makes the smiley

no seriously ...

you guys have converted me to the WMS thingy

my Data East pins are staying in the garage ...

Stern has everyone beat though ...

gary
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:57:35 PM

I don't even know what key on the keyboard makes the smiley

no seriously ...

you guys have converted me to the WMS thingy

my Data East pins are staying in the garage ...

Stern has everyone beat though ...

gary
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:00:54 AM

>I can't believe it.
>I have actually made owning mint WMS games
>uncool

I see your ablility of twisting the facts to to suit your agenda hasn't
faded. Step 1 of being a talk show hack.

>An Alvin G is a lot cheaper than a Chris
>Hutchins restored MM

That would make sense since you only look at your games and don't play
them much.

I really don't get why you own so many games that you hardly play.

Kirb
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:11:13 AM

Kirb,

I am a collector

It's beats the hell out of being obsessed with a guy half way across
the country, like you seem to be with me

Forget about me ...

Go out, find a wife, get married and find out what real problems are
all about

I just did my 4th set of dishes tonight

I posted some stupid pictures of a very nice game that Chris restored
and you have a jealousy fit

I don't expect credit for the restoration, Chris deserves the credit

Just to piss you off, I will post the link to the most beautiful No
Fear restoration in hobby history:

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album46

I am sure that I will drop it when I take it out of the crate, so the
story will end happily for you

Now smile !!!

Gary
August 21, 2005 5:32:43 AM

....I really don't get why you own so many games that you hardly play

He who dies with the most toys wins?

nomad
!