credit switch on older Williams pins sys 3-7

Anyone ever saw a credit switch on a williams pin of this era that
wasnt broken? They are all broken on my Gorgar, Black Knight Flash etc.
All bent up and sprung. Wonder if theres an easy way to retro a small
leaf switch like a Bally?

<mikep28@omuonline.net> wrote:
> Anyone ever saw a credit switch on a williams pin of this era that
> wasnt broken? They are all broken on my Gorgar, Black Knight Flash etc.
> All bent up and sprung. Wonder if theres an easy way to retro a small
> leaf switch like a Bally?

Well, they don't break on their own- some idiot had to get in there and mess
things up real good at some point.

Vintage Williams coin switches/trip wires are very delicate by design but if
the plastic covers are kept over them and someone doesn't get in there
messing around, then they can work for decades after decades.

I've had to straighten a lot of them out that had been messed up. Have had
a lot of service calls on these too where customers (or their kids) get in
the game and start messing around- either rendering the switch useless or
shorting the contacts out to ground which can mess up other game operation.
In this business, you tend to get a lot of "it just stopped working" service
calls that are related to problems that just happen to be within "elbow's
reach" of the front door... coin switches messed up, slam tilt switch mashed
closed, tilt mechanisms all screwed up, outhole switch all pulled out and
messed up, etc...

My advice is to fix them up right, make sure the plastic covers are over
them so they can't be "accidentally" bumped or bent, etc., set the game on
free play, and keep the coin door locked. And you should be fine for a
long, long time.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Thats what I thought. But I got a few that are BENT really bad, dunno
if theres any fix possible.

Yes- if they're BBR (bent beyond repair) then replacing may be your easiest
route- lots of used games, doors, parts you can choose from- seems someone's
always selling a used door, etc. on Mr. Pinball ads or eBay - these aren't
too hard to find- used from 1968 through 1985.

Would be more work and cost to try and fit with Bally microswitches or other
setup- easier to find the original parts.

Good luck!

Ray J.
--

<mikep28@omuonline.net> wrote in message
> Thats what I thought. But I got a few that are BENT really bad, dunno
> if theres any fix possible.

Fixed the Gorgar and the Black Knight. Flash is BEYOND HELP. Thanks Ray

TRENDING THREADS