Please suggest a good free online image hosting service

Status
Not open for further replies.

networm

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2005
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

HI all,

I often need to post some images from my digital camera to online image
host... such as personal album to share with people on the forum&newsgroups,
etc. or family members, etc. could you please recommend a good free hosting
service?

I found many such service only allow uploading one image per time, if you
have 10, then that's terrible...

Ideally, the online album should be just like a networked disk drive
connected to my PC, so I just have to drag and place... then it will
automatically upload...

Is there such a service?

Thanks a lot!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Try Flickr.com, I use that myself. You can upload online 6 pictures
simultaneously, or you can get one of their Flickr Uploaders which,
like you require, enable you to "drag-and-drop" upload. It's free and
all you need is a Yahoo! id.

"Bucolic" <nicklwj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try Flickr.com, I use that myself. You can upload online 6 pictures
> simultaneously, or you can get one of their Flickr Uploaders which,
> like you require, enable you to "drag-and-drop" upload. It's free and
> all you need is a Yahoo! id.

It is very cool! Thanks a lot!

The only pity is that when I am looking for the URL address of my uploaded
images, I have to click on each of the images, and then click on the button
"all sizes", then scroll down the webpage, and then find instrufctions on
how to post this image to other forums, etc...

I hope this can be a one step process...

It could just tell me the URL addresses right after it has been uploaded...
in the uploading tool!

Thanks a lot!