Thoughts on powerbeats by dre?

So today I traded a watch I haven't used in years for a sealed pack of powerbeats.

I haven't opened the package yet as I feel someone might think I put fake ones in there

But I also wanted to try them out for myself.

What should I do??

http://s16.postimage.org/xysxxm95x/DSCN1530.jpg
13 answers Last reply
More about thoughts powerbeats
  1. in general any of the "beats by dr dre" products are total crap.

    do yourself a favor and sell them off for just under retail price and buy yourself a nice quality set instead.

    --

    for reference the full sized beats are around $300 and my $170 audiotechnicas easily trounce them. better build quality. better sound. no need for idiotic advertising to sell them.

    even if i received a pair for free i woudlnt use them.. i'd sell them just as i recommended to you.
  2. Ok i opened them out of curiosity and they are total crap.

    My $25 skullcandy ink'd blow them out of water in both sound and build quality

    How do these make any money at all?
  3. -they are constantly advertised on the radio, in stores and maybe on television while quality products are not.

    -a well known rapper, dr dre, spouts the benefits of the headphones and the sheep... sorry...the potential customers believe it.

    -people have way too much money to spend and think that buying something expensive means it will be better quality. this is only true to a point.

    -people are uninformed and would rather not do any research.

    -people will believe just about anyone if they act like they know something while discounting any truth they find along the way. some people choose to believe even though all the evidence points opposite.

    --

    in general.....people are sheep....baaaaaaaaaaah
  4. Those are total crap. Sorry for your watch. Just don't trust any product endorsed by a money making individual. Maybe sell them and get a pair of Phonaks ?
  5. Try some Bowers & Wilkins if you want quality in-ear headphones. If anyone says otherwise, good for them, there are plenty of opinions, and plenty of good heaphones out there, but I highly doubt those who bash them have ever heard them. Give the B&W C5's a try...
  6. Velocitydreamer said:
    Try some Bowers & Wilkins if you want quality in-ear headphones. If anyone says otherwise, good for them, there are plenty of opinions, and plenty of good heaphones out there, but I highly doubt those who bash them have ever heard them. Give the B&W C5's a try...


    I wanted to hear those for a while, no one around me has a pair I can borrow, and the upfront cost is a little much.
  7. Yeah, they do cost a pretty penny... but they sound pretty good for what they are :) If there's any Best Buy around with a Magnolia Home Theater store inside, they should carry them. Also check out the Bang & Olfsen Earphones or Earset 3i... can't go wrong with Bang & Olfsen :P
  8. Velocitydreamer said:
    Yeah, they do cost a pretty penny... but they sound pretty good for what they are :) If there's any Best Buy around with a Magnolia Home Theater store inside, they should carry them. Also check out the Bang & Olfsen Earphones or Earset 3i... can't go wrong with Bang & Olfsen :P


    I will check them out next time I find a Best Buy around. I love the B&O design.
  9. Maxx_power, what's your avatar from? Reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a lil, but I could easily, and probably am, wrong lol
  10. Velocitydreamer said:
    Maxx_power, what's your avatar from? Reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a lil, but I could easily, and probably am, wrong lol


    It is Zoidberg (as rendered or drawn) from Futurama! I was in a rush to upload one, and didn't bother drawing something up.

    I think I got it from here:

    http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpaper/futurama_ships_dr_zoidberg_alternative_art_vehicles_suck_desktop_1600x1200_hd-wallpaper-492117.png
  11. Was just watching Futurama last night, classic. Thanks!
  12. I haven't one like this but based on the reviews that I read, this product seems have it's good quality.
  13. kgranier18 said:
    I haven't one like this but based on the reviews that I read, this product seems have it's good quality.


    Careful whose review you read. A lot of people write reviews, and most of them do very subjective reviews.
Ask a new question

Read More

MP3 Players Audio Product