Is the Intel socket-T motherboard dead?

Inquiring minds want to know. If you've not seen one, here's a link to a
good forum photo:

http://www.tbreak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22863

The pins are on the mb socket rather than the CPU, so any damages fall on
the mb maker :) The socket pins reportedly begin to bend after only a "few"
CPU changes or reseats. Not good.

Since Intel announced they're killing the "Tejas" CPU in favor of dual-core
CPUs, I'm wondering if the Socket T will be tossed out as well:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-05-07-intel-kills-tejas_x.htm

Intel has a heat problem or an impressive deep-fryer.

Anyone know if the socket-T form factor is dead?

Stew

Apparently not. Look for the LGA 775 chip soon in a desktop near you:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15837

Egad.

Stew