Lost in Space

.... is this any good?

looks very simple, and isnt in the top 100 on many sites... is it worth
buying?... or should I fork out more cash for Twiglight Zone or Star
Trek TNG or DR Who?

Regards,
Spurtus.

Most will say it's a LOST cause before even playing as I've read a few
peoples opinons on RGP. I owned the machine til a few months ago and
found it better then Twister for example. It's got simple rules, a few
ball magnets and a silly robot toy. You could even buy the toy in
Walmart as mine was broken and found one in Canada on Holiday.

The right orbit is difficult to get, normally the ball bounces off one
of the two rubber covered posts on the robot entrance. The software
seemed to be a little unfinished because the magnets would often blow
fuse 20 or it may have been 21 on long multi balls.

Robot Multi ball has a nice light show and because it had simple rules
even the kids loved playing it and it'll keep them off your prize
machine anyhow!

The game basically had 3 or 4 multi balls which it would offer to you
on a very regular basis. The the magnets quickly made the balls
magnetic so choose the same balls that Stern uses in LOTR (forgotten
the material they are made from).

If the game is cheap and in good condition then you might like it, even
just to say I've played and sell it on.

Ping

Spurtus wrote:
> ... is this any good?
>
> looks very simple, and isnt in the top 100 on many sites... is it worth
> buying?... or should I fork out more cash for Twiglight Zone or Star
> Trek TNG or DR Who?
>
> Regards,
> Spurtus.

I have one and enjoy it very much. They only made 600 of them so it is
fairly rare. I say if you get a decent price go for it. I bet that the
people who don't like it probably played machines that were beat or not
fully working. The spinning disc is a cool feature.

Mike

It's not just L*OTR balls, sorry I couldn't think of another machine
quick enough. Many people have talked about sticky balls on RGP and I
didn't bother trying to find the thread I saw about balls in L*OTR.

Most of my machines use those mirror glaze (highly polished) balls and
I have no problems.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/b695a865b4b25cec/e63983914093773c?q=sticky+ball&rnum=3&hl=en#e63983914093773c

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/b68226b0b7f7bf16/53617915e98a68bb?q=sticking+ball&rnum=11&hl=en#53617915e98a68bb

Ping

MacMan wrote:
> > The game basically had 3 or 4 multi balls which it would offer to you
> > on a very regular basis. The the magnets quickly made the balls
> > magnetic so choose the same balls that Stern uses in LOTR (forgotten
> > the material they are made from).
>

> What do you mean? LOTR balls are different to a standard pinball?
> Because I put mirror glaze in mine and put the original balls aside.
>
> Is this why a not so strong shot in DTR will cause the second ball to
> stick to the captured ball? I Just imagined it was the magnetic field
> from the ring.
>
> Is this another urban myth or can we confirm they are different pinballs?
>
> Cheers
> MacMan

MacMan

Distinguished