Sign in with
Your question

Where is Omid the Short Sighted One?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 19, 2004 8:34:31 PM

Could it be he was completly wrong?

<A HREF="http://yahoo.businessweek.com/technology/content/may200..." target="_new">Was Omid wrong?</A>

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!

More about : omid short sighted

May 19, 2004 9:10:58 PM

lets start another flaming thread! come on guy... its great to post a link, but not so great so start another flame thread.

</font color=red><b><font color=orange>my sys:
mobo: Abit AN7 @ 442 FSB
CPU: AXPm 2600+ @ 4100+
ram: corsair xms @ 1:1 running 2.5-3-3-6
HDD: two raptors on raid 0
vid: 9800pro @ 467mhz GPU and 417mhz ram
May 19, 2004 10:07:25 PM

Aww shucks, does that mean I can't pull up my old Raystonn Threads where he predicts a 10 ghz p4 and octel pumped RDRAM?

Quote:
lets start another flaming thread! come on guy... its great to post a link, but not so great so start another flame thread.

Sorry but I think he deserves to eat a little crow.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ncogneto on 05/19/04 06:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
May 19, 2004 10:31:59 PM

say you're right, your knowledge should go along with being humble. its one thing to be a bright man and its another to be humble, i think.

i'm not saying you shouldn't voice out your opinion or correct prediction, just saying pointing fingers is something moms teach their children not to do at a young age. we just tend to forget sometimes.

to be honest, i enjoyed your link as i'm an AMD fan. i like to see AMDs progress and success... it makes me happy. however, didn't like the "i was right and you were wrong" feel of the thread... thats all. its such a nicer place to be, here, when there is no flaming. sort of like we're all in the same room, talking to each other rather than standing across a line yelling at each other fighting for a bigger ego crown.

May 19, 2004 10:38:56 PM

Didn't say I was right, only that it appears he was wrong. He was the one that attacked AMD and the path they choose. I for one can admit when I am wrong, perhaps he should do the same?

May 19, 2004 11:29:37 PM

> does that mean I can't pull up my old Raystonn Threads
>where he predicts a 10 ghz p4 and octel pumped RDRAM?

please do, I have been looking for those actually... :) 

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
May 19, 2004 11:37:30 PM

perhaps i wasn't so clear...
what do YOU want? are you expecting Omid to come in your thread and say something? do you think thats going to happen?
if your answer is what i think it would be, then whats the point of even mentioning names?

what i don't understand is what your purpose of posting this thread is -wanting Omid to appear or inform people about AMDs success?
i hope its the latter, as i see good intentions. if its the former, personally, i think its pretty low; sort of like hollering "look, look i was right".

i mention you because no one does anything they don't have something to gain from. you ARE trying to gain something from this, thats only obvious. would you post a thread about someones mistake not involving you just to point out they were wrong? i don't think you would. its not worth the effort or your precious time. humans are lazy creatures so i doubt you would invest time and brain power in something you don't care about.

i hope you understand my point. if you do and still disagree, by all means continue. i'll keep reading to see if i can understand you better.

May 20, 2004 12:16:58 AM

Quote:
i mention you because no one does anything they don't have something to gain from. you ARE trying to gain something from this, thats only obvious. would you post a thread about someones mistake not involving you just to point out they were wrong? i don't think you would. its not worth the effort or your precious time. humans are lazy creatures so i doubt you would invest time and brain power in something you don't care about.

i hope you understand my point. if you do and still disagree, by all means continue. i'll keep reading to see if i can understand you better.

Err, pot kettle my friend. What are you trying to gain? Trying to exult yourself to the noble position as forumn do-gooder? Your logic is circular and can be applied to you as well. As for my intentions I would be lying to say I don't find a bit of joy in his blatant mispredictions. Be this as it may, the editorial he wrote IMHO put this sight in a bad light and yes, it does look like it is time for him to revisit that editorial and re-evaluate his position. And that my friend is my main intent whether you choose to believe it or not.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ncogneto on 05/19/04 08:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
May 20, 2004 12:22:55 AM

Quote:
please do, I have been looking for those actually... :) 

Ahh, don't you just miss those days? Sure the conversation was just as heated, but at least it was on a much higher level don't you agree? Just do a search in the CPU 2001 archives and search by username. It is interesting to look at all the predictions and see how close some of us came. Do you remember the debates about Moore's law? RDRAM? PR Ratings?

May 20, 2004 12:28:34 AM

better to have a bunch of goody two shoe than a bunch of ego freaks, i'd say.

a b à CPUs
May 20, 2004 6:25:55 AM

Omid? Completely wrong? I don't think ANYONE is COMPLETELY wrong. Even Darko is right about some things! He's got a fairly good perspective on AMD stocks, for example.

But I'll tell you what, I'll point out at least 1 right comment for every 10 wrong ones you point out, and that will prove that he's not COMPLETELY wrong!

The MHz race isn't going to happen again, AMD and Intel both made sure of that, so I doubt this will do much to help the consumer, Intel will simply tripple it's advertising budget.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
May 20, 2004 6:30:06 AM

Re: Even Darko is right about some things!

You want to go their mr. everyone is a liar 83.3 times over?

and omid was COMPLETELY wrong. Ignor windows and try and concentrate on linux yeah he should work for amd.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by darko21 on 05/20/04 02:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b à CPUs
May 20, 2004 7:29:53 AM

Hehe, I usually disagree with Omid, but I'm being easier on him these days. So I'm sure I can find at least 1 thing he said that was right.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
May 20, 2004 10:45:54 AM

Poor omid, you wont even let him be a perfect fool.
May 20, 2004 2:01:53 PM

Quote:
Ahh, don't you just miss those days? Sure the conversation was just as heated, but at least it was on a much higher level don't you agree?

Yeah, I miss the old days with Raystonn and Matisaro FatBurger and ... who was the one who posted nothing but anti-AMD flamebait? I can't believe I forgot his name. That was back when I actually used to post a lot. Now that Raystonn has been proven wrong on all his "Rambus WILL be the memory of the future" predictions, he's not around anymore. Oh well ...

<i>Money talks. Mine always likes to say "goodbye." :smile: </i>
May 20, 2004 2:22:01 PM

<b>aMdMeLtDoWn</b> perhaps?

---
Epox 8RDA+ rev1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @205x11 (~2.26Ghz), 1.575Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744
May 20, 2004 2:39:35 PM

Quote:
aMdMeLtDoWn perhaps?

That's the guy! I can't believe I forgot his name. Melty! I hated his anti-AMD bent, but he was pretty funny. At least he had a sense of humor, unlike some of the more intense members of the forum.

And of course there were Fugger and Spud, diehard Intel fans who enjoyed flaming anyone and everyone. I guess they're still around a little bit, right?

May 20, 2004 4:19:37 PM

Spud got banned repeatedly, and I think is still around but with a non potato-related username.

I <i>think</i> fugger's still about. Never seems to post much though.

I remember Melty. He did a few entertaining posts, that's for sure.

---
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744
May 20, 2004 6:26:29 PM

you guys remember intelinside?

May 20, 2004 6:40:13 PM

yah i remember him.... didnt he leave in summer of 2001?

Oh aye its guaranteed, but I'm not too sure about the stuff inside. - Scotty
May 20, 2004 7:13:09 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I remember him too. Wasn't he the one whose first post was something really lame about his Athlon catching fire and burning down his house?

May 20, 2004 7:21:49 PM

Quote:

As a matter of fact, here it is, Intel_Inside's very first, very lame, post. He never lived it down.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam..." target="_new">Intel_Inside's First Post</A>

And the thread that followed had some of the classic old timers chime in ... Raystonn, Kelledin, Copenhagen, AmdMeltdown, and dhlucke, to name a few.

May 20, 2004 7:23:58 PM

Quote:
Spud got banned repeatedly, and I think is still around but with a non potato-related username.

I think fugger's still about. Never seems to post much though.

Yep, I think you're right about Spud, although his new nickname escapes me for the moment.

I haven't seen Fugger around much since Prescott landed with a big thud ... go figure.

a b à CPUs
May 20, 2004 9:38:36 PM

Hehe, sorry, nobody's perfect.

May 20, 2004 9:44:13 PM

Quote:
Omid? Completely wrong? I don't think ANYONE is COMPLETELY wrong. Even Darko is right about some things! He's got a fairly good perspective on AMD stocks, for example.

Sounds something like the Clinton defense....it all depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.

May 20, 2004 9:49:43 PM

Quote:
Now that Raystonn has been proven wrong on all his "Rambus WILL be the memory of the future" predictions, he's not around anymore. Oh well

not to mention the "p4 will scale to 10ghz and a 6 ghz p4 this year".

a b à CPUs
May 20, 2004 9:50:00 PM

Funny, Martha Stewert is looking at possible prison time for lying and impeding an investigation, when Bill did that everyone was like "it's only sex" and refused to aknowledge his charges were for lying and impeding an investigation.

May 25, 2004 6:16:26 PM

Yeah, but people actually <i>like</i> Bill. What man <i>doesn't</i> want to be Bill? :) 

Martha on the other hand, eh. I think most people would rather anything just to get her off of the air once and for all. ;) 

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>
May 25, 2004 7:07:23 PM

<A HREF="http://fugger.netfirms.com/49pre.jpg" target="_new">My 3.2e Prescott @ 4.9Ghz on a unmodded motherboard</A>

I dont visit here much anymore, got too much going on. Ive made a few posts but not many.

<b>My sig is better than yours.<b>
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2004 10:23:06 PM

I don't know, have you noticed how much Monica looks like a chubby version of Micheal Jackson? Or how much Hillary resembles Martha Stewart? I'm not so sure I'd want to be in that situation...

May 25, 2004 10:39:29 PM

What unmodded Motherboard? 300FSB ain't half bad.

---
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744
May 26, 2004 12:18:26 AM

um congratulations? lol
May 26, 2004 5:59:11 AM

"Monica looks like a chubby version of Micheal Jackson? Or how much Hillary resembles Martha Stewart"

ROFLAMO!!! i went and checked it out.... you're right LMAO!!! HAHAHHA

May 26, 2004 9:35:00 AM

I have to admit that i have srew on my prescott prediction of 15 to 20 % faster clock for clock but there were no way to know that intel would have gone to 31 stage pipeligne.Disaster can occur.At lease i was right saying that Nw would be able to compete and even be faster that earlie A64.

I guess it might be a good time to come with new prediction.

i need to change useur name.
May 26, 2004 2:27:47 PM

Quote:
I don't know, have you noticed how much Monica looks like a chubby version of Micheal Jackson? Or how much Hillary resembles Martha Stewart? I'm not so sure I'd want to be in that situation...

**ROFL** Good point. I hadn't really noticed the former, but the latter has always scared me. (And who could really feel bad for the guy getting caught when you consider <i>that</i>.)

But you also have to consider that even under the watchful eyes of the White House Bill did't limit his choices. Now that he's (more or less) free of that <i>and</i> that Hillary's political career has really taken off (meaning that she's probably not at home all too often) one has to wonder what wonderful new situations he is exploring now.

Besides, he makes so much money just making appearances and giving speaches that it almost makes me sick. With that kind of money you could easily buy nothing but the best (and most discreet) which is certainly several steps up from an intern. :o 

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>
!