lost the cd drive...

We have lost the cd drive on our computer, i have no idea how. i have been to
device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the cd drive but i get error:
code 39? i have no idea what to do now...any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Will.
2 answers Last reply
More about lost drive

    Hi Will,

    See if this helps:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    Under section 8 - Problems - there is a link to a patch that often resolves
    this problem

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    > We have lost the cd drive on our computer, i have no idea how. i have been
    > device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the cd drive but i get
    > error:
    > code 39? i have no idea what to do now...any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks, Will.

    Removed a 3rd party burning program lately ?
    Peter

    "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143A64AF-D188-47FE-AAD7-F31470878A72@microsoft.com...
    > We have lost the cd drive on our computer, i have no idea how. i have been to
    > device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the cd drive but i get error:
    > code 39? i have no idea what to do now...any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks, Will.

Device Manager CD Drives Microsoft Windows XP