We have lost the cd drive on our computer, i have no idea how. i have been to
device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the cd drive but i get error:
code 39? i have no idea what to do now...any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Will.

Hi Will,

See if this helps:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Under section 8 - Problems - there is a link to a patch that often resolves
this problem

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> We have lost the cd drive on our computer, i have no idea how. i have been
> device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the cd drive but i get
> error:
> code 39? i have no idea what to do now...any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks, Will.

Removed a 3rd party burning program lately ?
Peter