Dell Inspiron Pricing

Do not buy a Dell!

Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not adjust the
price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous. That
will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another order.
Makes no sense.

Do not buy from Dell

"BobRog" <bobrog51@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Do not buy a Dell!
>
> Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
> before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not adjust
the
> price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous.
That
> will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another
order.
> Makes no sense.
>
> Do not buy from Dell

It will only cost you shipping fees if you accept the package.
If you refuse delivery it goes back to Dell and your account is credited,
then you order the other package.
Keep in mind that other offers you took advantage of on the first order may
have expired and you may get your 15%, but lose it in other changes.

BobRog wrote:

> Do not buy a Dell!
>
> Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
> before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not adjust the
> price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous. That
> will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another order.
> Makes no sense.
>
> Do not buy from Dell

New to the world, huh? Life's a bitch and then you die.

Larry

LpV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

"Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message

(snip)

> Life's a bitch and then you die.
>
> Larry

Sorry for the snip that removes context. That's one of my favorite
expressions. Another is:

Rules of Life:

Rule #1: Life ain't fair.

Rule #2: Refer to Rule #1

Loren

BobRog wrote:

> Do not buy a Dell!
>
> Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
> before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not adjust the
> price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous. That
> will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another order.
> Makes no sense.
>
> Do not buy from Dell

From an earlier thread ("30 day rebate"):

This is what they have posted on DellTalk:

"While we don't have price guarantees or a price protections policy, we do
realize that prices and components change very rapidly in this industry and
as a concession we allow Home and Small Business customers to request a
rebate within their first 30 days from the invoice date (or 14 days for a
refurbished system) by contacting Dell's customer service at 800-624-9897,
send an email to csd@dell.com or post a message on the Credit and Return
forum of Delltalk. This rebate is usually the amount of the difference,
although not always, as it's done on a exact component by exact component
basis and as we may change vendors of some components from time to time, our
cost may go up or down. The group responsible for processing the rebates
will compare the price for which you were invoiced to the price from their
most current price list. They compare exact part numbers to exact part
numbers.

If the comparison results in a net amount over $50, you will be refunded
this amount via the same method that you paid for the system (credit card,
etc) usually within 10-15 business days. If you're leasing your system, the
rebate amount will be applied to the back end of the lease.
If you are creating a quote via the Dell Store on our website to see if your
system has decreased in price, please go to " print view " and compare the
part numbers listed on your invoice to the part numbers listed on our
website. Make sure all part numbers are identical. If they are not, it may
be because it's a promotional item which would not apply to rebates.

You may only make this request once and it must be within 30 days from the
date of the invoice. This information is valid for Dell USA Home Sales
Division customers."

If this doesn't suit you, I suggest taking your own advice and buy from someone
else.

Larry

Wait until you need support or service. You'll really be disappointed. Also,
you may want to learn another language if you want to deal with Dell.
"BobRog" <bobrog51@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Do not buy a Dell!
>
> Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
> before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not adjust
the
> price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous.
That
> will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another
order.
> Makes no sense.
>
> Do not buy from Dell

hh

<Plonk> Part Deux
HH

"Hal Fore" <half55@msn.net> wrote in message
> Wait until you need support or service. You'll really be disappointed.
Also,
> you may want to learn another language if you want to deal with Dell.
> "BobRog" <bobrog51@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Do not buy a Dell!
> >
> > Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
> > before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not adjust
> the
> > price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous.
> That
> > will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another
> order.
> > Makes no sense.
> >
> > Do not buy from Dell

Plonk the crack of my ass!
"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> <Plonk> Part Deux
> HH
>
> "Hal Fore" <half55@msn.net> wrote in message
> > Wait until you need support or service. You'll really be disappointed.
> Also,
> > you may want to learn another language if you want to deal with Dell.
> > "BobRog" <bobrog51@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Do not buy a Dell!
> > >
> > > Beware of Dell pricing policies. I ordered an Inspiron at 10% off but
> > > before I received it the discount went to 15% off. Dell will not
adjust
> > the
> > > price unless I return the machine and order another one. Ridiculous.
> > That
> > > will cost me shipping fees and cost Dell to process and ship another
> > order.
> > > Makes no sense.
> > >
> > > Do not buy from Dell

if you talk to a sales person that is indeed what they will tell you as it
is all that they can do... try customer server and request a price
adjustment or 'price rebate' as they call it. they will credit you the
difference your request is in the first 30 days from the ship date and if it
is more than $50... otherwise, return it, it could not cost you more than
$50 if for roundtrip shipping and would be worth while doing if the price
change that you found (not stated) is more than $50.